Likes Likes:  77
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 better looking chronos than the breguet xxii

10 better looking chronos than the breguet xxii

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Sorry to be even later to this one but I canít believe you donít find something to like in the XXII series. Iím not a fan of any of the other Breguet series but I would buy this and may actually at some point. Possibly the best looking chronograph made. At least the top two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Discuss
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

2. Likes Cybotron, Col Angus, rodia77, synequano liked this post
    I don’t like any of them , well, mebbe #2 and #6 is ok And the one right at the top that started it all off.

Have you another ten to choose from ?
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Blog Entries
    Ouch! So when did mods throw gauntlets at each other? I have no horse in this race. I prefer no cut numerals (IWC out) and the 4:30 dates should at least be adjusted to vertical. That sets the Breguet at least in the top ten of those shown. I agree there are many great looking chronos, but does it really need to be a race? I call it a "Yes, please, here's my address. Thank you.'
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

5. Likes Samanator, Greg, Col Angus liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Ouch! So when did mods throw gauntlets at each other?

Hopefully it’s just a bit of fun, but I think Geoffbot just likes to say no just to wind people up

My only tiny tiny criticism of the Breguet is that for the sake of literally 0.5mm they just HAD to cut into the 10 and 2 with the subdials.
    It’s as if they’d ordered the subdial hands first and then had to roll with what they’d got.
    Last edited by Seriously; Apr 13, 2019 at 07:54 AM.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Hopefully itís just a bit of fun, but I think Geoffbot just likes to say no just to wind people up

Well, yeah, that's why it's worth commenting! Kinda funny I think. Leave it to Geoff to get a good snark started.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

8. Likes Samanator liked this post
    I don't own any chronographs and no real desire to acquire one/any; so, from an 'outsider' perspective:

I score it 5 out of 10; and I wouldn't say 'better' looking, just 'different' but equally as attractive/appealing.

Should anyone care - My criteria:
    Wonky date windows -
    Gold/yellow metal cases -

The IWC just misses out due to the chopped 6 & 12; and I'm giving the Cosmograph the benefit of the doubt as I've never held one and don't know if it is as difficult to read as I think it is.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Any list that misses VC and AL&S is severely incomplete. I'll be back eventually; kinda of busy now.

11. Likes ck1109, Seriously, Greg liked this post
    This list isn't complete without an ALS Datograph:

Name:  DSC_0712.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  46.1 KB

13. Likes geoffbot, synequano, Greg, skywatch liked this post
    The Daytona and the speedy would be top three after the XXII. Nothing with the letters A P R and O would be in the top ten even possibly top twenty. At the beach at the moment so I need to get at least 10 when I get back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

10 better looking chronos than the breguet xxii

Well, first of all, the starting premise wrong. This is a Breguet Type XXII:

CFRís is a Type XX, mine is one the several versions of the Type XXI:

Just sayin.í

P.S. I think we can all agree that the Type XII isnít a winner, design-wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes rodia77, Greg, ck1109 liked this post