Editor’s note: If I look a little flustered and stiff in this video, it’s because I’m not entirely comfortable when I’m invited to get a lab coat on in a watch manufacture. Too many times, humiliation has followed. I don’t come at watches*from a technical perspective, and that’s largely because I don’t have that*kind of brain. When I’m asked to reconstruct an escapement, I want to escape, basically. Know thyself, right? While some dignity was restored recently, when I went up against the venerable @fkscholz in a watchmaking challenge 101*I’m unlikely to be buying a set of tools any time*time soon. I’ll leave that to the experts, like the fine people at Hublot’s headquarters in Nyon – who give us a tour here inside a*Hublot tourbillon cage. It’s among the most popular technical videos we’ve ever created, which I’m sure has a lot to do with the magic and the*mystery of the tourbillon, not to mention the mastery required to play with them. ** Hublot have made big strides in recent years to establish watchmaking credibility as a counterweight to its heavy-hitting celebrity power. Regular nominations in various GPHG categories – across womens and mens watches – have been a…

The post VIDEO: A five-minute crash course on how a tourbillon works and what it’s comprised of appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...