Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HEW for the wife - suggestions?

Thanks guy, I've added those 2 to the 'try-on' list.

Keep the suggestions coming and I'll update as we fit in trips to the store lol.

2. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Whoops, you're right. Although as diamonds go those are pretty low key and classy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Go for it, your Traditionelle would love the company....
    Ha ha. My wife has absolutely no interest in watches (or much in jewelry, for that matter)
    Actually, truth to tell, I was thinking, since Sir estimated the ice as low key and classy, that Sir might be tempted to have a little look at one .... for himself

Actually, truth to tell, I was thinking, since Sir estimated the ice as low key and classy, that Sir might be tempted to have a little look at one .... for himself
    Not a chance. I'm a simple kind of guy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a chance. I'm a simple kind of guy...
    Out of my three score year and ten on this planet, I wouldn't mind if 2 minutes of my lifetime were spent wearing that. On my own.

6. Likes mlcor liked this post
    *Update*

So managed to get into Tourneau for a few minutes before they closed the other day - good place to try on stuff. Anyway:

The Piaget was way too big for her for a dress watch, so cross it off the list.

The 36mm VC was also too big for her for this watch, wasn't crazy looking but bigger than she'd like.

There was a 34mm VC patrimony with a diamond bezel that she loved... except for the diamond bezel. Was also a little thick for a manual dress watch. But it was the best one of the day.

The search continues....

8. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    If she's looking for 35mm or under, that's going to make it quite difficult to find one that isn't swathed in diamonds...but I am tenacious :

Reference number 77230or.oo.a082mr.01, 29mm. Or this one, a bit simpler, 33mm, reference number 77238or.oo.a088cr.01:

However, if she goes vintage ohmyword the world is her oyster!!

However, if she goes vintage ohmyword the world is her oyster!!
    True!

I think pre-owned, made in the last 10-20 years is the way to go for her, but that 33mm AP is pretty nice!!

Thanks guys - will keep you updated. No rush on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post
    I think pre-owned, made in the last 10-20 years is the way to go for her, but that 33mm AP is pretty nice!!

Thanks guys - will keep you updated. No rush on this one.
    I like that one, too. This has been fun--since my wife has no interest in such things. Although my daughter does. But any money there is going to be put away for a wedding someday, first...