Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Are Glycine Swiss made, made in China or Swissease?

Hybrid View

Are Glycine Swiss made, made in China or Swissease?

Aside from the typical BS that Invicta spouts off, page two also notes that Glycine is made at the Chinese factory along with Invicta and technomarine. I had written Glycine just the other day to confirm the type of bronze used in the combat sub (They are made in CuSn8) and followed up with questions about where they were really made, China or in the land of cheese. I included the photo posted below. Crickets at this point.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

They still have ‘Swiss Made’ on the dial, so I imagine the situation is as it is for many brands - Swiss movement and Swiss final assembly. That’s usually enough for a legal pass, and the Swiss do take action to ensure that minimum requirements are met. Whether those requirements are sufficiently stringent is another matter, as we know.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Swiss movement
    A Chinese movement someone in Switzerland sneezed on?
    (Not my phrasing but hell I like it as if I came up with it myself).

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    A Chinese movement someone in Switzerland sneezed on?

Well, I would probably accept the movement as the real deal. The Swiss do monitor these things and I’m not sure you could get away with misdescription for long. A few companies dropped their ‘Swiss’ label when the cost proportion went up to 60%, for example. Rotary was one.

Which reminds me of a (near) quote that I quite like: ‘You can make any watch Swiss by putting a Swiss gold rotor on it’.

5. Likes rodia77 liked this post