Editor’s note: This piece, originally written by Andy Green waaaaaay back in 2017, is one of our most enduring and popular stories. It’s easy to see why. My favourite method is one in, one out. But it’s all solid advice … The reality is that watches are luxury goods, so the ‘need’ to buy them rarely occurs. That means for most, they naturally fall very low (some say too low) on life’s list of priorities, and most definitely do not outrank things like kids, mortgages and school fees. And unless your partner shares your passion, I’d gamble and say they don’t think that your wrist darlings are as important as you think they are. So, the perennially thorny question is: “How do I buy this watch with my partner’s blessing?” Forget “Rolex or Omega?” or “Who’s in the holy trinity this week?” This is the biggest dilemma for watch lovers. And one that becomes especially important when you’ve got a burning desire to pull the trigger on a new piece. And what kind of friends would we be if we didn’t provide some friendly advice? The worst kind, that’s what. Word to the wise before reading on: you know your…

The post 8 ways to let your significant other know you’re about to buy a new watch … appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...