Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day to day

Day to day

Sorry to say, or perhaps not, there are not many watches that I could really say could/would be daily wearers.
    At a push, what do you think , could you choose. Or like me need a few , please post

Before I discovered watch forums on the internet around 2012, I wore the same watch everyday for years at a time. At some point for no apparent reason I would get the itch to get a new watch.
    Cycle repeat.

Now I have a wide variety to choose from, most of which could be daily wearers as long as the visual appeal, comfort, and legibility are present. Functions are less important to me nowadays.

But as they say "variety is the spice of life" so I enjoy the daily switching to different styles and models. But I could just as easily pick just one.

3. Likes happyscrappyheropup, boatme99 liked this post
    Ace mate.
    Over the last few years the nearest has been SH3001 , ZunDa , Seagull high beat. For some reason when strapped on just felt right.And the BeiHai , which easily could be. ZunGu not bad either.
    Still prefer a selection

My main criterion for watches is that they could be ‘only’ watches, and I have four, so I’m not that far away.

But a miss is as good as a mile... so I probably do need some variety. On the other hand, both my Datejust and Grand Seiko have made me wonder why I need anything else.

6. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Sorry to say, or perhaps not, there are not many watches that I could really say could/would be daily wearers.
    At a push, what do you think , could you choose. Or like me need a few , please post
    well use to have millions well ok hundreds and slowly over the years have been down sizing my collection a lot gone and some I just put away as no takers on the bay and not ones I wear often so battery out and into long tern storing so really getting near my goal of having as many watches as fingers and then on I could see me having just the one of two now .. as finding hard to buy now as nothing is wowing me or is too similar to what I have so one of these could well be the one you ask about for me
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    one night I dreamed I was locked in my fathers watch, with Ptolemy and twenty one ruby stars mounted on spheres and the primum mobile coiled and gleaming to the end of space and the notched spheres eating each other's rinds to the last tooth of time and the case closed - John Ciardi ...

https://emgwatches.com/
    http://www.instagram.com/iyonk_strap/
    http://wristwatchreview.co.uk/

ЖИЗНЬ НЕ ОСТАНАВЛИВАЕТСЯ, ПРОХОДИТ ТОЛЬКО ВРЕМЯ.
    Russian Watches

8. Likes synequano, JAGtime liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I am rather convinced that when a watch-addicted person says they want to find the perfect daily-wear watch, that really means they want to buy another watch.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

I also like having variety since the watch bug bit me years ago. Out of my collection, the only one that comes close to being versatile enough to be an “only watch” would be the VC Overseas. But I’d be fooling myself if I thought I would ever be a one watch person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day to day

I’ve gone weeks with my Explorer II, BP Bathyscaphe Fifty Fathoms, Omega Titanium PO on strap and my G-Shock Mudman. I think I could do the same with the Yachtmaster, the two GS quartz and the Lava G-Shock. My criteria is very similar to Alan, mostly watches that can be my only watch. A few of the remaining G-shocks, the Zodiacs, Snoopy, Kira Zuri GS are purposely bought for special occasions, something I’ve helped design and in the case with the G-Shocks just to try a few other technologies since they are reasonably inexpensive. The place held very well currently by the Kira Zuri has had a average life in my collection no greater than two years. In the end though if I need to have just one the Explorer II (only the 42 mm model) in polar white could easily be my “ one” watch. Part of why I’ve always said it is the best everyday watch made regardless of price. No one I have ever talked into buying one has ever regretted it. Mine’s in it seventh year with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Samanator; Apr 24, 2019 at 06:25 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

12. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    My IWC and Smiths could both pull everyday/one watch duty, but what fun is that?

Day to day

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    My main criterion for watches is that they could be ‘only’ watches, and I have four, so I’m not that far away.

But a miss is as good as a mile... so I probably do need some variety. On the other hand, both my Datejust and Grand Seiko have made me wonder why I need anything else.
    Something about the right Rolex makes them great as the one watch. The model may vary depending on the person but when found they’re hard to take off. Seems like the universe is telling me something there? Maybe I need to be the opposite of Seriously and only buy Rolexes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Samanator; Apr 23, 2019 at 12:35 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

15. Likes JAGtime liked this post