Likes Likes:  49
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorbikes

Motorbikes

So I've been watching sons of anarchy and I kind of want a motorbike. Anyone ride? What's a fast, cheap 125? Aprilla?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    So I've been watching sons of anarchy and I kind of want a motorbike. Anyone ride? What's a fast, cheap 125? Aprilla?

Good job you've not been watching Breaking Bad then

3. Likes whatmeworry, geoffbot, Raza, ljb187, BlackNomad liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    Good job you've not been watching Breaking Bad then
    And that's today's POTD (post of the day)

5. Likes Steppy, geoffbot liked this post
    I finished that a while back. Been on the meth cooking forums too, yo.

7. Likes whatmeworry, Steppy liked this post
    You don't want a Harley. Trust me.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    You don't want a Harley. Trust me.
    Oh I know. Figured I'd start on a provisional licence and a 125 so I don't wrap myself round a lamppost (though, my mate did exactly that on a 125 rest his soul; he was 19 though).

I'd stay away from 125s if I were you. They're normally 2 stroke engines and the acceleration is rocket like and difficult to handle!

They're aren't great for long journeys either, you may be limited to a smaller bike until you pass your test (this is the caae in ireland) so maybe a 125 scooter and then move up to a 250cc - 4 stroke engine.

Kevinw would be the man to talk to, he's our resident bike nut

Quote Originally Posted by pepperami View Post
    I'd stay away from 125s if I were you. They're normally 2 stroke engines and the acceleration is rocket like and difficult to handle!

They're aren't great for long journeys either, you may be limited to a smaller bike until you pass your test (this is the caae in ireland) so maybe a 125 scooter and then move up to a 250cc - 4 stroke engine.

Kevinw would be the man to talk to, he's our resident bike nut
    The 125 was mostly because a cbt is only 1 day and 100 quid, vs 5, and 600. I'd buy preowned, try it for a bit then flip when I did pass the test, if I liked riding. Otherwise I'd cut my losses. A few have said go straight for the licence but I'd like to try it first. And not on a scooter

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    The 125 was mostly because a cbt is only 1 day and 100 quid, vs 5, and 600. I'd buy preowned, try it for a bit then flip when I did pass the test, if I liked riding. Otherwise I'd cut my losses. A few have said go straight for the licence but I'd like to try it first. And not on a scooter
    That sounds a sensible plan. Alternative would be one of those intense riding schools which take you from starter to taking your license. Then you know if you've got the bug and if not, no bike to flip, and nothing like tax insurance garaging to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    That sounds a sensible plan. Alternative would be one of those intense riding schools which take you from starter to taking your license. Then you know if you've got the bug and if not, no bike to flip, and nothing like tax insurance garaging to worry about
    Yeah the 5 day 600 quid thing is the intense course.