Likes Likes:  92
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Stuff

Blog Entries

Free Stuff

If people are so inclined, feel free to add to this thread, if you want to give watch related stuff away, if that seems like a good idea...

--

To start....

I have a very watch-addicted friend who often gives me things because he doesn't want to throw them away, and doesn't want the hassle of selling. Sometimes I sell or give away the watches he gives me (as someone here recently discovered) but I have no idea what to do with these brand catalogs. They are very high quality, two hardback, full color, designed to be in retail shops to browse. I will happily send one or all to anyone - for free if in USA as I can use Book Rate postage. To European friends, shipping would probably cost too much for the content, alas.

Books are Longines, Zenith, Breguet, and distributor Westime. I also have an Oris book I got at Toppers that I don't need. Here are the first four:

Name:  WatchBooks.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  42.9 KB
    Last edited by skywatch; Apr 26, 2019 at 05:46 AM.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Blog Entries
    I think I have a taker for some or all of these. Unless another person chimes in, I will send them all to boatme99.

Stay tuned, because I might also have a few watches to give away (if anyone needs a quartz beater.)

well like skywatch I have a abundance of quartz watches so this 1970's seiko lord quartz can go to a new home

again like skywatch this is going local so uk only ( can't be bother to deal with the cn22 or cn23 forms plus sometimes super expensive post ) so free to the first uk member that wants it

Name:  DSCF3258.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  91.5 KB

oh and put it on a brand new strap so ready to wear
    Last edited by is that my watch; Apr 27, 2019 at 02:48 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes CFR, tribe125, JAGtime, skywatch, Radharc, DJW GB, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well like skywatch I have a abundance of quartz watches so this 1970's seiko lord quartz can go to a new home

again like skywatch this is going local so uk only ( can't be bother to deal with the cn22 or cn23 forms plus sometimes super expensive post ) so free to the first uk member that wants it

oh and put it on a brand new strap so ready to wear
    Very generous of you, Ismy.

I believe cn22/23 forms are not needed within the EU. Are they?

6. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    well some places yes like ireland one sides fine the other needs a form and they do it in euro's and you have to declare it too .. take France I think it was did a give away and the post for that one was like a tenner and the prize was like worth a fiver felt like just sending them the money instead thinking about it never heard if they even got it or not

just know in the uk can be a large letter and be a couple of quid and quick and simple thats how I like it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Yes, there's the monetary issues - Euro/Pound. And, as we all know, things may become even trickier.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Yes, there's the monetary issues - Euro/Pound. And, as we all know, things may become even trickier.
    yeah think the post office converted it as they did it so I paid in pounds / but was sent in euro's or something .

mean irelands a real tricky one got friend over there that regular crossed the boarder for there shopping the prices and easy of getting stuff is really hard one side it seems .

and I like to think a free gift means a free gift but same time not wanting to pay an arm and leg in post thou
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post

and I like to think a free gift means a free gift but same time not wanting to pay an arm and leg in post thou
    Yup. Fair enough.

12. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    That's a really classic Seiko, ISMY. I hope you get a taker! I'll be adding some more quartzies here, but not nearly as WIS-friendly as that one.

14. Likes is that my watch, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    That's a really classic Seiko, ISMY. I hope you get a taker! I'll be adding some more quartzies here, but not nearly as WIS-friendly as that one.
    yes mate but like my Russian not everyone's cup of tea as still available at the minute but suppose not all of us go for old stuff even if it is a quartz lord seiko not surprised thou bought them as a set kept the silver dial and the pattern dial this one did not speak to me as much but will give it a few days then guess the bay can have it
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy