A combination of childhood curiosity, a fictitious war hero named Brody, and stories from my grandfather led me, last year, to tackle the infamous Kokoda Trail with the Tudor Black Bay Bronze on my wrist. The Kokoda campaign of World War 2 remains one of the most important theatres of war that Australia and its allies fought in —*often referred to as “the war that saved Australia”. The Kokoda Trail is something that you experience, you don’t conquer or complete. It is also a great leveller – it treats everyone the same. It tests everyone, no matter their physical capabilities, mental strength or emotional resilience. It is indiscriminately brutal, which is what sealed the deal for me. To be honest, I didn’t even contemplate taking the Tudor Black Bay Bronze with me. I was having a hard time planning the all-important “break-in” period. Breaking in a leather band is tough, yet it gives the watch a level of comfort and “sittability” on the wrist that makes it WORK. I have a number of favourites in my stable, namely my first ‘good watch’ – an Omega Planet Ocean 300 and my follow-up knockout punch, a mid ’90s Rolex Coke GMT-Master II…

The post Testing the Tudor Black Bay Bronze on the Kokoda Trail – 10 days of hell retracing the steps of heroes appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...