Likes Likes:  6

Thread: A little unboxing (Protrek content)

A little unboxing (Protrek content)

Hi guys,
    It's been a while since I've done a proper unboxing thread. So here we go:

A Protrek, as everybody could guess from the title . But which one?

Everybody who knows his module numbers, can guess by now .

And it is a Protrek PRW-60. Saw it as a trade/sell on a German forum. I was intrigued by the "quick strap change system" and the fact the lugs are in fact part of the steel backplate.

The smart access crown, which is a PITA to use as I suspected. Why Casio, why? Why not use buttons?

So I only got it for an hour so far. Can't say yet if it is a keeper. I like the construction, design, size, strap change system and lug construction. I hate the "smart access" which should really be called "incredibly slow and annoying access". I wonder why Casio ever thought that was a clever idea. So the pinnacle of Protrek since the v.3 sensor is for me still the PRW-3100. But I'll give this one a chance.
    Last edited by Sedi; Apr 27, 2019 at 12:52 PM.
    Cheers, Sedi

2. Likes is that my watch, Greg, d2mac, Kronos, rodia77 liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like the look of that a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Me too. The lume is also pretty good. I woke up at around 4 a.m. and could still read it. It also has a cool UV-LED illumination. The strap is very comfy. Maybe I'll get used to the crown. At least you don't need it to change modes like on my Citizen Super Skyhawk.

Gesendet von meinem RAINBOW mit Tapatalk
    Cheers, Sedi