Editor’s note: We originally ran Andy’s interview with John a few years back, but seeing a spectacular Longines Weems that was awarded to a Submarine School captain in 1943 reminded us of just how cool this guy and his collection is – well worth a second look.* John, AKA @barnfindwatches, is a family man and a certifiable watchaholic. In his spare time, he runs the sales organisation for a small software company in Los Angeles, meaning he travels all around the US, meeting with customers and seeing places in the country that few would ever (voluntarily) go. How do you unwind? Although I like to play basketball or run with the dog (which I need to do far, far more), mostly I live and breathe watches in my free time. Nightly, I browse the internet researching watches, mostly scouring eBay and IG. It is a bit embarrassing to think about the hours I have spent throughout the years on the internet. In fact, eBay just thanked me for 20 years of customer loyalty (I originally joined AuctionWeb in ’97, which became eBay later that year)! I feel like I have earned my PhD in watches, having spent the last quarter…

The post How to find the perfect barn find watch, according to @barnfindwatches (hint, it take time) appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...