Likes Likes:  9
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming on Netflix

Blog Entries
    I couldn't get past the first episode of Orange. I'm told it gets much better after that. Weeds was really only good for about three seasons.

2. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    It was never my kind of show, but I heard today that Netflix is coming out with a new season of Full House. John Stamos will produce it and they're trying to get the original cast back together.

Not a show, but if anyone gets the chance I'd encourage them to watch the documentary Deep Water. Documentaries are my favorite thing about Netflix - and I'm not even a documentary guy. No matter the subject these films have a decent chance of being fascinating. Maybe this part of the topic is for another thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    Not a show, but if anyone gets the chance I'd encourage them to watch the documentary Deep Water. Documentaries are my favorite thing about Netflix - and I'm not even a documentary guy. No matter the subject these films have a decent chance of being fascinating. Maybe this part of the topic is for another thread though.
    What topic does this, "Deep Water" cover? If it's the twilight and/or midnight zones in the ocean I'm on it. I'm FASCINATED with those places.
    Chris:

Orange is the new black isn't even close to my kind of show, but I've seen and enjoyed it thus far. Anyone know if there are there more episodes coming? Or after she gets the brunette chick locked back up kind of wrap the whole show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Orange is the new black isn't even close to my kind of show, but I've seen and enjoyed it thus far. Anyone know if there are there more episodes coming? Or after she gets the brunette chick locked back up kind of wrap the whole show up?
    I believe there is another season in the works, not sure when it's being released.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    I believe there is another season in the works, not sure when it's being released.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    Yeah, it's been a big, big hit for them, so I'm sure they'll keep it going as long as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    What topic does this, "Deep Water" cover? If it's the twilight and/or midnight zones in the ocean I'm on it. I'm FASCINATED with those places.
    Deep Water's story is nearly...or is...extraordinary. The event was the first non-stop solo sailing race around the globe in 1968(?). Maybe 6 or 7 highly experienced mariners participated...plus an amature Englishman who had never really been far from shore. His method of funding, strategy for the race, his family, weather events / boat resiliency that affected all involved, the personalities of the other sailors plus the toll of being alone at sea created a series of events that left me pretty flabbergasted.
    Last edited by ljb187; Apr 22, 2015 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    Deep Water's story is nearly...or is...extraordinary. The event was the first non-stop solo sailing race around the globe in 1968(?). Maybe 6 or 7 highly experienced mariners participated...plus an amature Englishman who had never really been far from shore. His method of funding, strategy for the race, his family, weather events / boat resiliency that affected all involved, the personalities of the other sailors plus the toll of being alone at sea created a series of events that left me pretty flabbergasted.
    That also sounds interesting. I will have to check that out one day. With a 3.5 year and and a 14 month old in the house our tv time is severely limited.
    Chris:

12. Likes ljb187, FuzzyB liked this post