Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me your customs charges sob stories.

Tell me your customs charges sob stories.

I've never been hit with a customs charge, I figure I've been lucky. What's the worst you've had?

I was hit with a $100+ charge on a Stowa once. They shipped it with an alligator strap and the proper forms weren't filled out. The charge was about the same price as the strap.

3. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    I once bought a Pulsar (I think) Railroad Homage for about £25. When the admin fee was factored in the customs charge was also £25....

5. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    They seized my Seiko Cocktail Time that i bought from Chino. They told me it was a fake watch and i would have to pay a huge fine and probbably go to jail if i did not alow them to destroy the watch. The fines of importing fake goods in to the EU can be astronomous. Word is/was that Seiko asked to seize every JDM Seiko coming from Japan cos they don't like us to buy them. Since that time the big 3 stopped shipping JDM Seiko's to the EU (as can be seen on their site's). I think they lost a lot of watches to customs. They (Chino) refunded my cash and lost a watch...

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    They seized my Seiko Cocktail Time that i bought from Chino. They told me it was a fake watch and i would have to pay a huge fine and probbably go to jail if i did not alow them to destroy the watch. The fines of importing fake goods in to the EU can be astronomous. Word is/was that Seiko asked to seize every JDM Seiko coming from Japan cos they don't like us to buy them. Since that time the big 3 stopped shipping JDM Seiko's to the EU (as can be seen on their site's). I think they lost a lot of watches to customs. They (Chino) refunded my cash and lost a watch...
    Whoa, that's not good at all! When was that?
    I'd noticed that Chino had stopped shipping to the EU, but Seiya still does. I bought my Alpinist from him a few months ago and have a SARB035 km the mail at the moment (although now I'm worried!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Whoa, that's not good at all! When was that?
    I'd noticed that Chino had stopped shipping to the EU, but Seiya still does. I bought my Alpinist from him a few months ago and have a SARB035 km the mail at the moment (although now I'm worried!!!)
    i thinkk it's a little over a year ago now. I made a thread obout it (in Dutch) in the old place, including the e-mails and conversations between me and custom's. They bully'd and threatened me. Stupid EU...

I won a Brathwait watch and three straps in a compeition, but as the sender kindly (and appropriately) listed each item at its full retail price - totalling $200 - I landed a customs fee of nearly £35 to get my free stuff! I didn't object to paying my taxes but did object to the £7.50 'processing fee' ParcelForce charge to read the customs label and multiply the total by 0.2...
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

I'm about to find out.

11. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I once bought a Pulsar (I think) Railroad Homage for about £25. When the admin fee was factored in the customs charge was also £25....
    Isn't there some kind of threshold that has to be passed? Or it that for duty but not VAT?

£18 Parcelforce handling fee with each parcel. They had over £200 off me in a week recently for three parcels with duty, VAT and fees...
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches