“Watches, Stories, and Gear” is a weekly roundup of some of our favorite watch content, great stories from around the web, and cool gear that we’ve got our eye on.
This week’s installment is brought to you by the Windup Watch Shop.

Worn & Wound – A Guide to Storing Your Watches

A few years back, we published a handy guide on the best practices for storing your watches and associated paraphernalia. Seeing as how I just picked up a vintage piece that came with a watch box that seems to be disintegrating with every touch, I thought it’d be a good time to re-up the guide for anyone in a similar predicament.
Check it out here

The Worn & Wound Podcast Ep. 94: Timex American Documents, FTS Ameriquartz, and the State of American Watchmaking

Earlier this week, Zach, Blake, and Ilya got together and had a frank discussion about Timex’s recent American Documents series, and the overall state of American watchmaking. If you haven’t tuned in yet, then be sure to check it out here.

Vanity Fair – Why Is Gen Z Obsessed with The Office?

The Office; Image courtesy of NBC

I’m (this is Ilya, by the way) a huge fan of The Office, and I have been since the show first debuted nearly 15 years ago. Apparently, so are most of you. Netflix viewers have spent a whopping**52 billion minutes watching Michael, Dwight, Pam, Jim, and the rest of the gang, and our obsession with the shows no signs of slowing down. Vanity Fair writer Sonia Saraiya dives into the why.
Click here to read more

The Guardian –*Say What? Why Film Translators Are In a War of Words Over Subtitles

A screenshot from Roma; Image via The Guardian courtesy of Netflix.

Subtitles can make or break a foreign-language film, and recently, bad translations have come under notable scrutiny. Ann Billson looks at the oft-ignored art of properly subtitling a film, the controversy around poor subtitles, and what some are trying to do to remedy the issue.
Click here to read more

Uniqlo x JW Anderson Pocketable Parka

With Spring weather inching ever-so-closer, a lightweight, water-resistant parka is a must have, and Uniqlo’s got you covered with this colorful variety from their JW Anderson collection.
$14.90 – shop here

Warby Parker Fairfax Prescription Sunglasses

Warby Parker’s still our favorite go-to spot for prescription sunglasses that don’t break the bank. They have a lot of great styles to choose from, but the Fairfax has a killer vintage vibe that makes it oh-so-appealing come summer.
$145 – shop here

The post Watches, Stories, and Gear: A Guide To Storing Your Watches, Our Obsession With The Office, and More appeared first on Worn & Wound.

More...