That was fast; I think it was only last month that Oris and Bucherer teamed up to create the first all Stainless steel Divers Sixty-Five Chrono.

Created for the Bucherer’s BLUE EDITIONS, it was the first time that a Divers Sixty-Five Chrono was seen in all-steel. Previously we knew it as an all-bronze affair released in honor of CARL BRASHEAR.

Today Oris have released a regular steel production variant; but we might have to wait a little longer to get the same stunning blue colorway or indeed an all-steel model such as the BLUE EDITIONS;

but what we do have is a Stainless / Bronze combo and a classic black dial with some rather lovely golden accents. So here it is the Oris Divers Sixty-Five 01 771 7744 4354.

The watch gets vintage chrono-pushers and a retro bi-compax dial layout, it also boasts a 43mm Stainless steel case, a bronze unidirectional diver’s bezel with an aluminum insert, and a domed Sapphire crystal.

Powering it is a Swiss Made automatic mechanical chronograph movement, the Oris 771, base SW 510 with quarter-of-a-second accuracy and a 48-hour power reserve.

The Oris Divers Sixty-Five Chronograph 01 771 7744 4354 will be available from this month (May) 2019 with a Swiss MSRP of 3950CHF.

Thoughts? It’s a really great looking vintage diving chrono – I can’t fault it; all-steel would be preferable. My only criticism is that the Divers Sixty-Five is becoming a little ubiquitous.

More...