Likes Likes:  5

Thread: I've been hanging around inside women's restrooms lately

I've been hanging around inside women's restrooms lately

Hopefully, this surprised a few of you.

See, ever since Christmas my wife has been wheelchair bound due to her hip. Not content o stay at home I have to take her shopping and eventually roll her into the "Ladies Room". It's been facinating.
    What I've learned:
    1) Women don't have to straddle overflowing urinals on a regular basis
    2) Women's restrooms don't smell like....well, restrooms - all perfumy and airfreshener like.
    3) Who'da thought - flowers on the sinks!
    4) Their soap dispensers don't have the little pushy thing to squirt soap broken off (aren't covered with dirty slime either!)
    5) Despite their assumed inferiority on the basketball court, they don't have a pile of wadded up paper towels by the trash can
    6) Some of them have couches.

But anyway, I'm surprised at how nice women are - I've only had one (late teenager type) get upset when she walked in and saw me there but every time they are great and go back outside and tell me to holler/knock/or something and they'll open the door for us!

(Except one. For the first time, this past Saturday I had a late 20's woman say "No Problem!" And walk into the stall next to my wife. Before I could step back, she'd dropped trou', left a loaf, yanked her pants up and was out of the stall and washing her hands. "See ya!" she said cheerfully, waving as she left. It was unnerving.)

Anyway, I've only got to do it a few more weeks but the experience has been interesting.

wow, I used to be a lifeguard and part of the duties were, we had to take turns cleaning the bathrooms, and the ladies' was always far, far worse.

Maybe all the boys peed in the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Donf View Post
    I had a late 20's woman say "No Problem!" And walk into the stall next to my wife. Before I could step back, she'd dropped trou', left a loaf, yanked her pants up and was out of the stall and washing her hands. "See ya!" she said cheerfully, waving as she left.
    I think I'm in love!
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

4. Likes BlackNomad, geoffbot liked this post
    I wish the very best of luck to you and your wife.

When I was around six I went on a parks & recreations outing to Huntington Beach where at some point a teenage surfer guy tricked me into going to the ladies room. I was scared of the cinderblock / no doors place to begin with but once inside I lost all sense of what was happening around me - everything spun, floated and stood still at the same time. I mostly remember damp darkness, open stalls and maybe one of those lights in a cage. This was the precise moment I learned the meaning - if not the actual word - of "mortified". it's one of those experiences that happens to all kids and helps make us into the...adults...we are today.

I once inadvertently walked into the ladies room at the movies. I got my bearings off and turned the wrong corner a little too quickly. I was greeted in what I though was the men's room by a group of teenage girls. In the span of about 1/2 a second my brain said, "Why are there women in the me... OH... MY... GOD..." I quickly extracted myself from the situation and can only image the look on my face as I figured it out must have been quite a sight to see as all I could hear on the way out was a cacophony of riotous laughter. I was of course greeted outside the door by my always supportive wife, who was having to support herself to keep from doubling over with her own guffaws.

You know I made it through the whole movie and all the way home before my bladder even thought of telling me I needed to go. I think my brain told it to keep it's mouth shut for a while.
    Last edited by bu11itt; Apr 22, 2015 at 01:46 AM.
    Chris:

7. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    At the game after 1-st period men's washroom is re-e-ally busy. Young couple walks in, talking cheerfully.

I: Hi!
    She: Oh, hi!.. a second later
    I don't know if she liked what she saw...

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling." Margaret Lee Runbeck.

These are great stories. I need to get out more......sigh!
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    These are great stories. I need to get out more......sigh!
    When my wife is done with it I'll send you the wheel chair. You'll have to supply your own female..

11. Likes Der Amf, BlackNomad liked this post