Likes Likes:  79
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What pays for the watches: my paintings

What pays for the watches: my paintings

Ljb asked to see some of my paintings. I know I posted some previously but couldn't remember hat thread it was and under my own profile I seem to only be able to go back about 500 posts. I am posting some again. I assume there will be some duplication from the last time and I apologise to anyone who may already have seen them.

I regard myself as a historian who paints rather than an artist. Most of my work is off my home city and a fair bit of it has been demolished in the last decade.

This one is for Sherry- It is her home town.

Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Apr 22, 2015 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Ljb asked to see some of my paintings. I know I posted some previously but couldn't remember hat thread it was and under my own profile I seem to only be able to go back about 500 posts. I am posting some again. I assume there will be some duplication from the last time and I apologise to anyone who may already have seen them.

I regard myself as a historian who paints rather than an artist. Most of my work is off my home city and a fair bit of it has been demolished in the last decade.

This one is for Sherry- It is her home town.

Ugh... That's just pure garbage*

*the lesser known definition of garbage that means amazing works of art that look vibrant and alive. I'd commission something if I could think of something worthy of your quite impressive skill.
    Chris:

3. Likes BlackNomad, Henry Krinkle, Spooky liked this post
    I tend to fall in love with buildings and have no problem revisiting them over the years.

An old gas station that was turned into a community Police station. I have actually done a couple more of this one.

While many of my paintings are night scenes, I prefer taking pictures in the day and choosing hat elements the viewer would see at night myself.

This:

becomes this:

This photo of old Vegas:

Turns into this in four days

wow these are amazing paintings! must take a lot of time, effort, skills to do this.

The only thing I can draw is a line, and even that's not even straight!

7. Likes Henry Krinkle, iyonk liked this post
    A couple more Vega paintings that went off to a show in Toronto.

The last commission I did. This one is very different for me, but ultimately execution wise, embodies what I strive for in my paintings. From a distance it appears quite realistic but the closer one gets the more the painting falls into a jumble of brushwork, exposed canvas and pencil marks.

OUTSTANDING!!

10. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    REALLY nice! You have talent, and skills. I've often wished I did, so I could buy more watches too.

12. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Marvellous...

They're a record and a vision.

14. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Really wonderful!

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

16. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post