Bring on the Aquanaut, bring on the jumbo size, bring on the KHAKI - bring on the white-gold? Not so much.

I think (actually I know) that even if this very lovely new Patek sports watch was in steel; it would still be way outside of my humble watch budget – for at least the next decade!

But a man can dream, can’t he, and while this would be a far more sensible proposition offered in Stainless steel, the new white-gold, AQUANAUT Jumbo Khaki from Patek Philippe looks absolutely sublime, so let’s take a quick look at it.

Presented in a rather trendy new khaki green color, the Aquanaut white-gold Jumbo model represents a modern, sporty, stylish yet ultimately audacious new offering from one of Switzerland’s most prestigious traditional watchmakers.

This is not such a typical direction for Patek but with wealth getting ever younger, manufactures must now considered their new customers who demand something a little more youthful.

Measuring a crowd pleasing 42.2mm in diameter by a slender 8.25mm high, the white-gold case with its rounded octagonal shape and bezel combines polished and satin finishes.

It is has a more than ample (for a sports watch) water-resistant of up to 120 meters.

Beating inside the white-gold Jumbo case is a caliber 324 S C self-winding movement with a date aperture at 3 o’clock and a sweep seconds hand.

And finally, the watch’s showpiece, a stunning embossed dial in Khaki Green with white gold applied numerals with luminescent coating.

The dial has been matched in khaki green with a contoured sports strap in a composite material. This comes with an Aquanaut fold-over clasp, also in white-gold.

The Aquanaut White-Gold Jumbo Khaki ref. 5168G-010 has an MSRP in my neck of the woods of 1'207'000 TWD which is just shy of 39’000USD!

Thoughts? Another one to admire from afar, but seriously this would be perfect in Stainless steel. What do you think?

More...