Likes Likes:  56
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you love the idea of .... but know you would never wear?

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    A Panerai
    Yes, same here. I love the way they look in photos, but every time I try one on, they are just don't do it for me. I think they too big.
    Last edited by gnuyork; Apr 22, 2015 at 02:52 PM. Reason: missing a word

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Yes, same here. I love the way they look in photos, but every time I try one on, they just don't do it for me. I think they too big.
    Exactly that

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    A Panerai
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    JLC reverso
    Same here, come to think of it.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    White dial dress watch with blue hands and no lume.

5. Likes I-B liked this post
    Anything ever made by Urwerk or MB&F. Pushing the boundaries of traditional watchmaking in unique and creative ways.

And ceramic watches. The fear that hitting the watch at just the right (wrong) angle will shatter the case outweighs all of the positives of ceramic cases. Until I get over that concern I will only admire them from afar.

7. Likes I-B liked this post
    Any of the automatic Tunas. I love how they look and find myself always googling pics of them in admiration but feel that a watch of this size is pushing the clownish look for me.

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 92
Size:  7.3 KB

Although still looks ridiculously large for my conservative taste, the SD Tuna wears noticeably smaller and more comfortable and this would be the one I get. It would be more of an occasional piece and definitely not in rotation with my daily drivers.

Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 95
Size:  8.2 KB

A full lume dial.

G-Shock - awesome watches (on other people)

11. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    A nice smartwatch. I love gadgets and this is a particularly neat one. I'm partial to Android and have looked at all their options. They have some that really strike my fancy.

However, the problem (for me) is that a smartwatch wants to be worn everyday to integrate into your lifestyle. I am too fickle to be a one-watch guy. So no smartwatch for me.

13. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Anything ever made by Urwerk or MB&F. Pushing the boundaries of traditional watchmaking in unique and creative ways.

And ceramic watches. The fear that hitting the watch at just the right (wrong) angle will shatter the case outweighs all of the positives of ceramic cases. Until I get over that concern I will only admire them from afar.
    That doesn't sound like a concern worth putting a lot of effort into disacquiring

15. Likes -JP liked this post