Editor’s note: Brian King is a man who knows his mind. When Omega released a limited run of George Daniels’ co-axial concept*watches in the early 2000s, he knew immediately that he was interested in going deep. Over a couple of years, he bought all three. But that’s only the start of*the story. Here he writes of the watches’ performance over time, and the living testament that they are to their creator.* Quality never costs, they say; it always pays. In 2002 I set out to purchase a very unusual trio of watches. About a year or so earlier, Omega began the serial production of George Daniels’ co-axial concept, the first radical advance in mechanical timepiece movements in nearly three centuries. In 2002, I learned that Omega had issued a set of limited production Speedmaster Broad Arrow chronographs with enamel dials, with 100 each in yellow gold, rose gold and white gold. Between May and September 2002, I was incredibly fortunate to be able to acquire one of each, all with the same limited series number (68/99), making it one of the few, or perhaps the only set in the world with the same limited-edition number on all three timepieces in…

The post This guy bought three of the same model in different metals and then left them in a safe for two decades. This is what happened next. appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...