Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **** MORE FOR A SCORE IV - The Voyage Home ****

**** MORE FOR A SCORE IV - The Voyage Home ****

Feels like it's time for a more for a score thread. We have done several of these before so the general idea is you buy the best watch you can with £20 or what ever you local currency is to the sum of £20 and then you show a pic of the sale and then when it arrives we put them up against each other to see which wins .. and then you win now wait for it you win the Accolade of every one who was interested in playing .... oh yes no prize will be won but for the shear smugness of winning and a very sorta after badge of course ..

Think less rules the better so to the rules :

1) A watch is bought can be a wrist watch / pocket watch well lets say anything ticking and or tells the time can be entered ...
    2) can be vintage / new .. or anything in-between use your imagination on this one....
    3) postage was a tricky one last time with players from over the world playing... I will be playing to include the postage in the £20 ..but I think a reason sum on postage can be over looked too as we will be playing for fun so why get bother with that..
    with in reason of course ...

the plan buy a watch or whatever ticking time piece you have your eye on ( stop watches not sure on will leave this to general census whether yes or no )

Take a pic post it in the entries thread then wait till it arrives and then post pics and see what sort of response you get ...easy then when all have arrived. I will put their names in a hat and pull out two at time to go up against each other in rounds with one going through to the next round and one not and we will do rounds till there is only one left the Winner

Things that was asked last time ....

yes you can buy none working ...

yes you can have a pop at repairing them yourself ...

yes you can enter them none working but just say they are ..

closing date hmmm hard one going to say three weeks so lets say closing date for buying a watch (05/06/2019)

think three weeks is about right not to short not long long ( last time it ended up at almost 2 months and if sorta made the whole comp loose momentum and loss of interest too if members are happy with this

Is there anything I missed ? ?

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Cool. I’ll get looking and hopefully I’ll be in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    guys can we just say here if your in

so got an idea of how many playing
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

In.

If it arrives.

don't think I have ever had not arrive some been long time some surprisingly quick did you do a screen grab of the sale and put it on either matts thread or the entry thread ?

**** MORE FOR A SCORE IV - The Voyage Home ****

**** More for a score - IV - The Voyage Home **** entry's thread.

****M.F.S. - The old years and lost round's better late then never ****

MORE FOR A SCORE IV - Potential entries thread

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

In, like a slightly overexcited spaniel...

The first Blandford has arrived and turns out to be a beautifully proportioned 31mm The beloved has already claimed ownership. The Seiko has also arrived and I’ve only tested the key components but they are giving good numbers. It’s pretty battered though...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    In, like a slightly overexcited spaniel...

The first Blandford has arrived and turns out to be a beautifully proportioned 31mm The beloved has already claimed ownership. The Seiko has also arrived and I’ve only tested the key components but they are giving good numbers. It’s pretty battered though...
    lucky you bought a tat lot last saturday and still waiting on it

miss out on a ladies hamilton genva as miss the bid end and also on a old trench watch as went to high
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

list whose in

pip
    matt
    tribe
    djw ?
    smegal ?
    crownpuller ?
    sharky?
    blanchy?

????
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    did you do a screen grab of the sale and put it on either matts thread or the entry thread ?

I only see discussion threads.

I’ll post when I have the watch and the competition thread is up.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I only see discussion threads.

I’ll post when I have the watch and the competition thread is up.
    this is listing thread that will be used for the comp I will being using it for the info pics for when I do each round so yeah if confirmed as entry then best place for them is here below
    **** More for a score - IV - The Voyage Home **** entry's thread.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy