Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rado diastar watch Help me please !!

Rado diastar watch Help me please !!

I have a rado diastar watch it is almost 17 years . never been use once. I cant see any rado same as this. Can you help me determine the original price and how much I can sell this. Theres a ref no. 636.0013

I'm afraid it looks very much like a fake to me. Rado are not my brand of expertise and fortunately there are some real experts here, but I'll be astonished if they think differently.Quite apart from the case being of poor quality and clearly not made from the advanced alloys a real Rado would be made of, the movement should be an ETA 2836 not a cheap Chinese one. As such, the value is pretty well non existent and you would struggle to find a sales forum that would accept an advert for a fake watch.

Sorry.
    Last edited by Matt; Apr 22, 2015 at 11:48 PM.

Ok sir. I'll wait for others.

I am sorry to tell you but I fear Matt is correct. The movement looks Chinese, it is certainly not a Rado ETA, to the best of my knowledge there was no display back model of the Diastar in the late 1990s, the crown is definitely fake and the engraving on the case side is incorrect.

Sorry.

6. Likes Der Amf, Matt, popoki nui liked this post
    But a fake one doesnt exist for too long right ??

Just because it is fake, it doesn't mean it will break. If you want confirmation one way or the other you can contact Rado. If you send them photos, the reference number and the serial number they can be quite helpful.

Do you have the reference number?

Ref no. At the back are 636.0013

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I am sorry to tell you but I fear Matt is correct. The movement looks Chinese, it is certainly not a Rado ETA, to the best of my knowledge there was no display back model of the Diastar in the late 1990s, the crown is definitely fake and the engraving on the case side is incorrect.

Sorry.
    Cheers Henry, it's sad that I'm spotting fakes not from Rado knowledge but from fake knowledge! It's nice to have confirmation from an expert (it's rather nice to have a few on a brand I'm still largely ignorant of) I thought the day wheel and date wheel's relative dimensions look a bit wrong too. Mind you, I'd have been fooled by the bracelet.

11. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenz.lee29 View Post
    Ref no. At the back are 636.0013
    Sadly that reference should look like this:

http://vintagewatchmemoryhouz.blogsp...automatic.html

The main feature of these watches is a tungsten carbide front half of the case which is pretty well impervious to damage and has a slick and very shiny appearance. The condition of the front of your watch looks like a surface coating designed to simulate this, but which has begun to corrode.

I'm sorry, but the more I look at this, the more reasons I see to be sure it is a fake.

13. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post