As a fan of all watches that offer clever multi-time zone displays, I adore the Lange 1 Time Zone. It's a watch that is equal parts a personal grail and something of a statement of aspiration. So not only would I love to one day have one to call my own, but also to know that I had worked hard enough to earn it. In looking for something special to highlight in the HODINKEE back catalog, I was reminded of this impressive write up from Ben that was actually my own introduction to this lovely dual time watch from Lange.*
Providing ample context and background on both Lange and the Lange 1, Ben offers a knowing deep dive on a very special and (to my eyes) incredibly gorgeous example of a useful and unique watch from Lange. With some excellent photography and more than enough words to get you through a quiet bit of your Sunday, swing by the comments to let me know what special watch you'd want on wrist for a summer of grand touring across a continent or exploring a time zone far from home.*
Click here to read A Week On The Wrist The A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 Time Zone Luminous

More...