Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member and new to this hobby

New member and new to this hobby

As I got older I realized I needed more than one watch and so it began.
    I bought my watches in a year and I think I'm almost set for life, really.
    At work I have hi-vis clothes, a hardhat and I drive a mobile crane, tomorrow we're gonna lift some 18 ton windmill blades, lot's of manly stuff.
    So at work I wear eather a Seiko 5 or Titanium Seiko quartz, off work I wear watches that are more dressy.
    The Casio F-91W is the only one I don't use, it's there to show me the time and it's +2s/month accurate.

Bottom row are 40mm size, 20mm lugs, Swiss and Japanese automatics.
    I have more straps than watches, everything from natos to real Nile croc so it's easy to dress the watches up or down.

Oh right, I'm from the arctic circle so I have no need for divers as the lakes are bloody cold in summer,
    which is so short and cold that there's no need for bracelets that can stand sweat etc.

Name:  0JazcKM.png
Views: 516
Size:  350.0 KB

Name:  WtOxwvj.png
Views: 409
Size:  228.6 KB

Does my crane look to small for this watch?

well ant dived in twenty years but I still buy divers

think some times by limiting yourself you can miss out on so many great watches at all price points ..

mean the mil five and the F91 are good basic watches but when I was driving ton flt (way small ok ) but I went for the likes of the g-shock ranged mean I use two watches for heavy duty my ga-100 and a luminox

but a small define collection is good been collecting for longer then I can remember so now I am heading towards a smaller well defined collection and think all the mistakes and wrong turns I took helped me know what I want
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well ant dived in twenty years but I still buy divers

think some times by limiting yourself you can miss out on so many great watches at all price points ..
    Tbh I think divers are just too big for my 7" wrist, like I would be compensating something like Lord Farquaad with his castle size.
    And they are ugly.
    But a watch like Halios Seaforth actually has been in my mind several times, 12h ring is better than gmt imho, and the date is at 6 if you choose it.

Name:  bkFIHAS.png
Views: 336
Size:  79.1 KB

Excellent everyday watches, the Seiko Titanium series - and very good value. I had one once.

I might have that for dressy and the F-91 for work.

Welcome. You'll find a ton of knowledge here along with a supremely friendly environment. Enjoy.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Quote Originally Posted by Egsise View Post
    Tbh I think divers are just too big for my 7" wrist, like I would be compensating something like Lord Farquaad with his castle size.
    And they are ugly.
    But a watch like Halios Seaforth actually has been in my mind several times, 12h ring is better than gmt imho, and the date is at 6 if you choose it.

Name:  bkFIHAS.png
Views: 336
Size:  79.1 KB
    not bad had a fair few divers both vintage (30mm / 34mm/36mm/38mm ) and modern anywhere from 40nm to 70mm plus my main one is this one but picked this up quite recently too to fill my deep blue urge
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    Welcome to IWL! It always starts simple and practical doesn't it? I could never quite understand what it was about wristwatches that could become so addictive, because they really are supposed to be a practical solution to a variety of specific problems. Well, here at IWL you will find many people who sympathize with your fascination. Stick around!
    Last edited by skywatch; May 20, 2019 at 02:58 PM.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Blog Entries

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

Bonjour
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

We are an easygoing group. I think you will enjoy it here.