Likes Likes:  43
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watchrecon App - Damn You!!!

Watchrecon App - Damn You!!!

So here I was, sitting back and waiting for May 4th so I could start a, "Well, it's been a year" thread; a year since I bought my last watch. I was proud of myself for making that milestone, or at least would have been had I actually made it...

Sitting in a week long training class I was killing some time today and decided to open up the watchrecon app, you know, just to look... I have a pretty well defined short list of watches so I don't even scroll through the full feed, just go straight to my alerts. But for some reason today I decided to just pass my eye over a few in the feed. There it was, a watch on my short list, one that I didn't even have a alert set up for, but was planning on doing very soon since I had just recently culled the Black Bay alert (thankfully you can only setup 7 alerts at once). Not only was it a watch on my list, but it was priced very attractively.

No need to belabor the point any further as we all know, all to well, how this story ends. Now I've got an incoming (or will once the seller gets the watch in the mail this afternoon) so happy birthday me...

As a side note, I'm sure the seller is happy as his watch sold within 30 mins, maybe a record...
    Chris:

2. Likes Der Amf, BlackNomad, hayday, Colin liked this post

4. Likes bu11itt, hayday liked this post
    Well look at it on the bright side....you got what you wanted at a price that you are happy with.

Can't wait to see pictures of it. Congrats!

6. Likes bu11itt liked this post
    Umm never heard of that app... so I'm looking into it now.

Downloaded..Oh my

9. Likes Der Amf, bu11itt, FuzzyB, man of kent liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Hey now, the rant purpose of the thread is perfectly served sans pics. But I will definitely post some once I've got the watch in hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Downloaded..Oh my
    You're welcome... Or sorry... Either way
    Chris:

11. Likes Der Amf, gnuyork, popoki nui, Colin liked this post
    Sounds like a must-have for the phone.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

I agree with Nutty28! Even better, that app is a time machine - it's brought the future right to your door!
    And enjoy your new acquisition and don't be too hard on yourself, because it's been almost a year, you've done well!
    And happy birthday to you!

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling." Margaret Lee Runbeck.

14. Likes bu11itt, JAGtime liked this post
    on the bright side, you don't have to wait until May fourth for your "I haven't bought a watch in a year" thread.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

16. Likes bu11itt, shemp liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Sounds like a must-have for the phone.
    Oh it's quite nice, unless your goal is to save money...
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackNomad View Post
    I agree with Nutty28! Even better, that app is a time machine - it's brought the future right to your door!
    And enjoy your new acquisition and don't be too hard on yourself, because it's been almost a year, you've done well!
    And happy birthday to you!
    Thanks. Since I'm pretty much in horseshoes and hand grenades territory I'm just gonna go ahead and call it a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    on the bright side, you don't have to wait until May fourth for your "I haven't bought a watch in a year" thread.

-hayday
    Excellent!!! That is some pro level justification right there!! I like the way you think.
    Chris: