Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you take your tea?

How do you take your tea?

White with one sugar (trying to reduce down gradually). Nigerian Sunday, or thereabouts.

Earl gravy

Hot & wet

Like the chart. I've seen mugs with similar on, for handy reference
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    Hot & wet

Like the chart. I've seen mugs with similar on, for handy reference
    I'm incredibly fussy about mine, rarely let anyone else make it for me, so a mug like that might be useful.

Yorkshire Tea.
    One sugar.
    Stir briskly but not for long, and remove bag promptly, without excessive squeezing, thus getting good flavour while not overdoing the tannin.
    One good slug of semiskimmed, then neck it.

Not a tea drinker usually, and when I do its not a pekoe, etc. Loose steeped green with maybe some citrus rind in the cup.

When I was young and largely strongarmed into having a cup, it usually looked something like the cuppa cabana.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Standard English Breakfast Tea for me with a splash of skim milk - probably closest to Devon Tan on the chart. I cut out the sugar from my tea and coffee a few years ago.

8. Likes Domo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    Standard English Breakfast Tea for me with a splash of skim milk - probably closest to Devon Tan on the chart. I cut out the sugar from my tea and coffee a few years ago.
    How did you do that? Cold Turkey or gradually?

Turkish chai - brewed "rabbits blood" with 1 cube of sugar.

I once cut out the sugar from my tea, but I found that it upset the balance. If I want unsweetened tea, I'd rather have green tea (gunpowder or jasmine esp faves )