Likes Likes:  2

Thread: FS: blue-dialled Sekonda De Luxe 23 jewel 2209 (from 1970s)

FS: blue-dialled Sekonda De Luxe 23 jewel 2209 (from 1970s)

Perhaps surprisingly, I'm selling my blue dialled Sekonda De Luxe 23 jewel 2209 (c.1974).
    Recently I have bought another 2209 dress watch in the same design case and have found that I would rather not have two such similar watches.

Name:  Sek 18a.JPG
Views: 414
Size:  58.4 KB

I've had this since September of last year and it has behaved itself perfectly.
    The previous owner, OhDark30 had had it serviced shortly become selling it to me, so this is no surprise.

The case is about 35mm without crown and despite the hugely domed acrylic crystal the watch is still only 8mm think - a properly thin watch that feel very light on the wrist: with the strap it weighs under 30g.
    The lugs are 18mm, and are long enough that I've encountered no problems fitting a variety of different straps.
    The watch comes with the thin brown leather strap seen in the photos which was new in September.

Despite its age the case still has the gleam of its polished finish with few clear scratches, most of which are on the edge and lugs.
    The sunburst blue dial is still in good attractive condition though when peering at it closely one can see a couple of spots near the perimeter where the paint has lost a bit of quality, fortunately they are darker and duller than the rest of the dial and so they do not catch the eye.
    The acrylic crystal has been given plenty of attention from PolyWatch, but has one blemish (a white spot near 8 o'clock index) which I can't shift.
    I do not know if the crystal is the original one.
    To my knowledge, acquiring new crystals for the 2209 De Luxes is unproblematic - Sekonda are reputed still to have stocks of spares.
    The hands and the indices are clean.

This design of case with the 2209 movement was made for many years, and there are plenty of working watches in all kinds of condition on the market. These blue dials have become more sought after, though, and the price reflects that and the recent servicing. This is an attractive watch which had received plenty of attention.

If within the UK the watch will be sent Special Delivery (tracking, signed for, next working day) I'm expecting this to sell within the UK, so I haven't yet checked out the price to, eg, USA - I expect it will be about another £5.

Price: £80 plus £10 p&p by PayPal.

Name:  sek 17.JPG
Views: 373
Size:  51.6 KB

Name:  sek 16.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  sek 14.JPG
Views: 360
Size:  61.7 KB

Name:  sek 12.JPG
Views: 315
Size:  35.5 KB
    Last edited by Der Amf; Apr 24, 2015 at 08:42 PM.

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Bump.

Accuracy tested: +41sec/day, dial up, getting steadily less frisky as the 24 hours went past
    Last edited by Der Amf; Apr 25, 2015 at 09:24 PM.

Now reduced from £90 all in to £78 delivered within the UK by Special Delivery (next day, tracked, signed for)
    Last edited by Der Amf; Apr 28, 2015 at 08:56 AM.

And SOLD! Sold to a very good home.

What fine taste the good folk of this forum have

6. Likes DJW GB liked this post