Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Back to the drawing board

  1. #1
    Moderator - Central tribe125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    13,017

    Back to the drawing board

    Just as I was thinking of buying a watch from them, they get cleaned out.


    Name:  1448752A-069A-4D5B-A52D-DC28AD83F6D9.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  56.0 KB


    Ah well, more time for reflection.

  2. #2
    Ouch.

    We had the local Rolex AD hit several times, I think the last time it was $250k in watches taken. Always happened broad daylight, walk in the store guns drawn. Now the store hires off duty police officers to work the door and they have a security lock to let customers in to the store. This is in a nice area, but criminals know where the money is in these areas.

    Here's video from the last robbery - https://www.fredericknewspost.com/su...9bb30f31a.html

  3. #3
    Member FSM71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    1,089
    And here I thought only South Africa was this rough...

    That looks like the Wild, Wild West.

    How many hits can an AD take before the insurance premium becomes un-affordable?
    I'd Schwarzkopf it daily, except I couldn't be bothered with the inevitable explanations...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Just as I was thinking of buying a watch from them, they get cleaned out.


    Name:  1448752A-069A-4D5B-A52D-DC28AD83F6D9.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  56.0 KB


    Ah well, more time for reflection.
    No shutters ?

    I’m also surprised at the lack of laminated glass on the 2nd window.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by FSM71 View Post
    And here I thought only South Africa was this rough...

    That looks like the Wild, Wild West.

    How many hits can an AD take before the insurance premium becomes un-affordable?

    It won't be easy to hit this one again. Whenever the shop is open, there is an armed off duty police officer in front of the building.


    Name:  frederickmd.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  47.1 KB

  6. #6
    Porous Membrane skywatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The Valley of Heart's Delight
    Posts
    6,042
    Blog Entries
    2
    What a bummer. Some humans just .... grrr.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

  7. #7
    Moderator - Central tribe125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    13,017
    Better news: some arrests, some recovered watches.

    More of both to come, hopefully.

  8. #8
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48435132

    I had no idea this was during the day, I thought it was a night time break-in


    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4153326.html
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

  9. #9
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,387
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Ouch.

    We had the local Rolex AD hit several times, I think the last time it was $250k in watches taken. Always happened broad daylight, walk in the store guns drawn. Now the store hires off duty police officers to work the door and they have a security lock to let customers in to the store. This is in a nice area, but criminals know where the money is in these areas.

    Here's video from the last robbery - https://www.fredericknewspost.com/su...9bb30f31a.html
    They also know, sadly, what can be fenced quickly and easily.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
  11. #10
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,387
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48435132

    I had no idea this was during the day, I thought it was a night time break-in


    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4153326.html
    In broad daylight! Thatís insane ó and very worrisome.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us