Likes Likes:  58
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A package from Popoki Nui

A package from Popoki Nui

Sitting around watching the kiddos play, the mailman brought a special surprise from the Canada Post. The name on the box looked familiar and the content listing hinted at something good inside.

A cute image greeted me. I should have expected something like this!

A nice note from one of the nicest people around.

Underneath the note, the treasures await.

First out of the box is the Swatch. I have a weak spot for Swatches, so my second choice was a bit of a no-brainer for me. I love the magnifier over the day date. Not something on see often on Swatches.

As you can see, the package was attracting a good bit of attention.

There was another little box in here with the main prize inside. Behold the Polara! (Edit: I just realized the little dude snuck into the picture in the background. He was curious, too!)

My first LED watch! What a cool display. It reminds me of my dad's HP calculator that I loved to play with as a kid.

And it fits!

The package attracted some more attention from a furry friend.

Just the right amount of bling for her, too!

Thanks, Sherry! What an awesome giveaway. Now I have not only a birth year watch, but the perfect birth year watch that I will cherish forever! I will think of you every time I wear it!
    Last edited by FuzzyB; Apr 25, 2015 at 09:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Cool!

3. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    SO jealous.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

5. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Love the LED. Makes a great cat collar too!
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

7. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    I"m glad they arrived safely, and pleased you like them. I get nervous sending watches through the mail, especially vintage ones. If you need help setting the Polara, just PM me.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

9. Likes JAGtime, FuzzyB, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    I"m glad they arrived safely, and pleased you like them. I get nervous sending watches through the mail, especially vintage ones. If you need help setting the Polara, just PM me.

~Sherry.
    Thanks, Sherry!

I think I got most of it figured out. At least I was able to change the time. I may need some help when it comes to changing the date.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Thanks, Sherry!

I think I got most of it figured out. At least I was able to change the time. I may need some help when it comes to changing the date.
    No prob. I have to go out again soon and won't be home 'til the wee hours, so if you PM me, I'll reply tomorrow.

~S.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

12. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Looks beautiful! And great photos!

Can't wait to get a package from Sherry here too!

The only thing the USPS and Canada Post tracking tells me is it was shipped out of Vancouver on Tuesday night.

And I doubt I can meet your standard of photo coverage. I've not got a smartphone, yet (I will very, very soon), and I have never tried to post a photo from my digital camera. I guess now could be a good time to try....... I'm a bit PC phobic......
    Last edited by scott59; Apr 26, 2015 at 01:21 AM.

14. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    That Polara looks awesome Brian. What a great giveaway.

16. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Great unboxing, Brian. It seemed to be greatly enjoyed by felines and non-felines alike. Such a nice gift to receive from a very nice IWL member. Enjoy your "new" Swatch and Polara and wear them in good health.

Jane

18. Likes FuzzyB, iyonk liked this post