Likes Likes:  422
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Sunday - 26 April 2015 »»»»»»»»»

««««««««« WRUW - Sunday - 26 April 2015 »»»»»»»»»

I came back home sooner than I initially thought, with just enough time for a few pics of my "new" vintage (c. 1970) Omega Seamaster Soccer Timer chronograph (ST 145.020).

Launched as a part of the 1969 International Collection, the watch is equipped with the cal. 861. According to a 1972 Swiss catalogue its price (470 CHF) was a bit lower than other chronographs Omega had to offer (Speedy Pro andSpeedy MK II @ 525 CHF) but much higher than a three handed Genève Dynamic (195 CHF).

The dial at 28.5mm (excluding inner bezel) is of a smaller diameter than those of the speedmaster, which are in the 30.6 to 31.4mm diameter range. Omega offered different fixed inner bezels marked either with pulsations, tachymeter, decimeter or telemeter indicators, available in white dial and grey dial variants. The case (38mm) wears large and the watch was rated at 120m WR.

These soccer's dials chronographs feature an additional"45" numerical marking under the minute register to better time the halves of a soccer game. Around the same time frame other brands released their versions of a soccer timer and the Breitling 34-41 (Valjoux 7731) is perhaps the better known example.

The crystal needs a good polishing and I have to find a more appropriate leather strap (I don't care much for the original metal bracelet-1171). But that's it; enough talk.

Here are the pics of the watch I'm wearing today:

Name:  P4250001.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  421.4 KB

Name:  P4250004_1.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  400.2 KB

Name:  P4250001_1.JPG
Size:  388.9 KB

Name:  P4250003_1.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  383.8 KB

Name:  P4250003_2.JPG
Views: 273
Size:  329.4 KB

Have a great day, everyone!
    Last edited by CFR; Apr 26, 2015 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I came back home sooner than I initially thought, with just enough time for a few pics of my "new" vintage Omega Seamaster Soccer Timer chronograph (ST145.020).

Launched as a part of the 1969 International Collection, the watch is equipped with the cal. 861. According to a 1972 Swiss catalogue its price (470CHF) was a bit lower than other chronographs Omega had to offer (Speedy Pro andSpeedy MK II @ 525 CHF) but much higher than a three handed Genève Dynamic (195CHF).

The dial at 28.5mm (excluding inner bezel) is of a smaller diameter than those of the speedmaster, which are in the 30.6 to 31.4mm diameter range. Omega offered different fixed inner bezels marked either with pulsations, tachymeter, decimeter or telemeter indicators, available in white dial and grey dial variants. The case (38mm) wears large and the watch was rated at 120m WR.

These soccer's dials chronographs feature an additional"45" numerical marking under the minute register to better time the halves of a soccer game. Around the same time frame other brands released their versions of a soccer timer and the Breitling 34-41 (Valjoux 7731) is perhaps the better known example.

The crystal needs a good polishing and I have to find a more appropriate leather strap (I don't care much for the original metal bracelet-1171). But that's it.; enough talk.

Name:  P4250001.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  421.4 KB

Name:  P4250004_1.JPG
Size:  400.2 KB

Name:  P4250001_1.JPG
Size:  388.9 KB

Name:  P4250003_1.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  383.8 KB

Wow! Let me be the first to say so, and congratulations! Where did you find all these nice pieces??? I am really jealous.

Wow! Again.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes CFR, -JP liked this post
    Zodiac Sea Wolf again.

-hayday

Name:  202bf9c831a2e66d9a71b1f8f1da8682.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  56.3 KB
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutty28 View Post
    Wow! Let me be the first to say so, and congratulations! Where did you find all these nice pieces??? I am really jealous.

Wow! Again.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much.

These models are not difficult to find; they're not rare. The challenge is to get one - all - original at a fair price...although the prices are not fair, anymore

6. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    10 year old Seiko quartz.

I'm just going to post this here rather than the Saturday thread. The power has just come on and we are heading out to a party, so this watch will make it to tomorrow. There was not time for new pictures.

P3191772 by hankblanc, on Flickr

P1014077 by hankblanc, on Flickr

P3191769 by hankblanc, on Flickr

And one last one with it's siblings

NCC- Years Ahead by hankblanc, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I came back home sooner than I initially thought, with just enough time for a few pics of my "new" vintage (c. 1970) Omega Seamaster Soccer Timer chronograph (ST 145.020).

Launched as a part of the 1969 International Collection, the watch is equipped with the cal. 861. According to a 1972 Swiss catalogue its price (470 CHF) was a bit lower than other chronographs Omega had to offer (Speedy Pro andSpeedy MK II @ 525 CHF) but much higher than a three handed Genève Dynamic (195 CHF).

The crystal needs a good polishing and I have to find a more appropriate leather strap (I don't care much for the original metal bracelet-1171). But that's it; enough talk.

Congratulations C!

10. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Congratulations C!
    Thanks, Henry.

12. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Wow!! thas a 'killer' combo you got there CFR!!!! wow wow wow!! absolutely stunning!!
    thax for sharing the picts.. its just pure beauty!

well, my wrist shot will fall short.. still enjoying this one today.. the only similarity is the simple stitch strap style hehehe..

black bambino... have a GREAT SUNDAY EVERYBODY!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    Wow!! thas a 'killer' combo you got there CFR!!!! wow wow wow!! absolutely stunning!!
    thax for sharing the picts.. its just pure beauty!
    Thanks a lot, Iyonk!

15. Likes iyonk liked this post