Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Top Time Keepers. GS vs. Rolex vs. Damasko vs. Seiko Prospex (Nerd stuff!)

My Top Time Keepers. GS vs. Rolex vs. Damasko vs. Seiko Prospex (Nerd stuff!)

After my last post on my Damasko DK13 thread about the impressive accuracy I decided to put it up against my top time keepers. The others who have really blown me away with accuracy. Some I expected to deliver a certain performance but others really surprised me. Here they are after 24 hours according to the atomic clock:

The 6R15 in the Shogun is nothing high end but it is certainly a workhorse movement and something solid. 1 second slow! Comes in right in the middle of the four. Competing with watches much more its value, good job Shogun! Keep it up, please!

Name:  IMG_1122.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  51.5 KB

There are no losers because these watches all exceed my expectations but if there were a loser (cough) the Explorer 2. Coming in a little of a sloth at 3 seconds behind.

Name:  IMG_1118.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  49.4 KB

So here are the superstars of the top time keepers! GS SBHG001 High Beat, not gaining or losing any of those fast little beats in 24 hours!

Name:  IMG_1119.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  52.1 KB

The winner, only because I started its accuracy test 48 hours ago not 24 and still did not lose or gain a second. The DK13 AKA DK101!
    Holy Moly I'm impressed!

Name:  IMG_1120.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  52.2 KB

To be fair of deviations and things that happen through out days, I may keep this accuracy challenge up for one week. For those interested in this nerd stuff like myself, I'll post again next Sunday see who really comes out on top!

Wow!! those are impressive accuracy!

in my collection, some of my low end are actually keep better time than the more expensive ones hehehe.. I wear my automatics for fun.. if i want reliability and super accurate time keeping, i have some digital quartz that have been trimmed to perfection =)

I'm not an accuracy freak at all but it's fun to see how these machines perform. I would not mind owning a super accurate Quartz in the collection at some point though.

4. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Then the GS quartz that have accuracy of 5-10 secs/ year should be on your list in the near future my friend... imagine this blue beauty in nice TAN simple stitch leather hehehe..

=)

6. Likes Nokie liked this post
    Nice post. Interesting info.

Looks like everything you have is COSC no matter if it carries a certification or not.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Well OF COURSE the Exp 2 lost in this comparison, after all it's only a Swiss chronometer. Unfair or what, eh?

Yeah Domo, I feel a Spring Drive coming soon...like real soon!

10. Likes Domo, Steppy liked this post
    Blog Entries
    It's funny, of all the watches I've owned, I've never had one that consistently lost time; they've all gained.
    Last edited by Raza; Apr 27, 2015 at 02:35 AM.

I rather it be the case. I rather be early then late to things

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    I rather it be the case. I rather be early then late to things

I have wondered if my more superhuman timekeepers, rather than keeping perfect time, just lose and gain in a way that cancel each other out. I mean, in a 24 hour period, I've never measured my Speedmaster to be more than 1 second off, but it's not like I was diligent in checking it every hour.