Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whatcha' ALL think of this here

Whatcha' ALL think of this here

1950's Hesperia Chronoraphe it has a Landeron 248 I believe.I've look all over the net & can't find much info.

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

I don't know anything about that watch, William, but it is a very good looking time piece.

Jane

Search for Chronographe Suisse watches. This is one in a chrome-plated case--there are many similar watches out there, and they were made in mass quantity.

The right sub-dial's hand is a replacement and isn't correct. Looks like the other sub-dial hand may be correct and has only lost plating.

I've heard the name.

Yep. That's the extent of my help here. Dig the look though!

Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post
    Search for Chronographe Suisse watches. This is one in a chrome-plated case--there are many similar watches out there, and they were made in mass quantity.

The right sub-dial's hand is a replacement and isn't correct. Looks like the other sub-dial hand may be correct and has only lost plating.
    Thanks IOL.Guess I'm gonna pass on it.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

This one is certainly not in an "interesting condition"...
    Last edited by CFR; Apr 26, 2015 at 05:19 AM.

I dont know anything about it.. but that combo looks GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    Thanks IOL.Guess I'm gonna pass on it.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    Shame, it was a cool looking piece

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Shame, it was a cool looking piece
    I like it but if hands are not original then ?
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    I've heard the name.

Yep. That's the extent of my help here. Dig the look though!
    Pretty much this from me too