Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ideal Watch Size According to the Well-Dressed

The Ideal Watch Size According to the Well-Dressed

I say what ever makes you comfortable. What do you think?

https://watchesbysjx.com/2019/06/ide...o-armoury.html
    Cheers,

Richard

I jive with the results and the results jive with me. 36-40 for standard case shapes, L2L under 50mm. It should be legislated. My wrist size is 7.5" and I never understand the criticisms that watches look small (or comically small). I'd much rather it look small-er instead of too big with overhang. There is nothing more ridiculous than lug overhang and watches wobbling around like bangles. Unfortunately there is a lot of that going on these days.

3. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    I know list are subjective and it's been done to death, but this is pretty accurate in my opinion. I'm surprised no Breitling.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

Just a quick glance (didn't put any effort into reading it at the moment) but it seems spot on for my wrist, including the average size of 6.74, which mine is (very close anyway)... And I do think 37.77 (37-38) is ideal as well as 40 or under for a sports watch like a Sub. My current daily is the 42mm PO and though I love it, I often think it's a tad too large, which leaves me constantly thinking about a Submariner or Exp II. And 37mm is the prefect dress watch size in my opinion. But I could go 36-38 and feel comfortable in that style.
    Last edited by gnuyork; Jun 14, 2019 at 02:30 PM.

6. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    Blog Entries
    While I would never tell another person what watch size they should prefer, this survey actually jibes quite closely with my dimensions and preferences. Oh well, I guess I'm average.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

8. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    So people who can afford to dress well don't have fat wrists so their watches are also smaller?
    Just a guess, but I have a strong feeling that there's more. What do you think how many have tattoos under their watch.

I have 62mm wide 7" wrist, I prefer 38mm watch that is under 10mm thick.
    But I'm poor so I have 40mm watches that are less than 12mm thick.
    I'm not fat, I'm fluffy.
    Last edited by Egsise; Jun 14, 2019 at 04:48 PM.

10. Likes Cybotron, synequano, Colin63 liked this post
    The Ideal Watch Size According to the Well-Dressed

Utterly Fascinating It’s the definitive report I’ve been waiting for all year

I say whatever makes you comfortable
    This

Or rather whatever you like, who cares what the ideal watch size supposedly is, I’d wear a different size just to buck the trend

Wear what you want
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

12. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Any survey not restricted to respondents born in 1955 is severely compromised, in my view.

14. Likes Seriously, synequano, Rdenney liked this post
    I’m surprised the average wrist size is that small—I wonder what countries the 924 respondents are from. I am a very averaged size guy for the US, and my wrist is 7.25”, which I would have thought also would be average for the US. That said, I do like dressier pieces to be around 38-39mm, and more sporty pieces to be 40-41mm ideally (although 42mm is also fine for me).

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I’m surprised the average wrist size is that small—I wonder what countries the 924 respondents are from. I am a very averaged size guy for the US, and my wrist is 7.25”, which I would have thought also would be average for the US. That said, I do like dressier pieces to be around 38-39mm, and more sporty pieces to be 40-41mm ideally (although 42mm is also fine for me).
    Yeah good points. I know in Asia wrist sizes are much smaller than America.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard