Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Rolex question

A Rolex question

Please spell out for me what the acronyms stand for. BLNO, BLRO, etc.
    . Batman...I am curious to see what each one looks like.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

2. Likes Seriously, synequano liked this post
    See my similar puzzlement here:

http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...l=1#post460236

I have no clue whatsoever when these acronyms come up, there’s just so bloody many too !!!
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Popular Rolex Reference Letters
    BLRO (Bleu/Rouge): Blue and red bezels found on GMT-Master I/II watches
    BLNR (Bleu/Noir): Blue and black bezel found on GMT-Master II 116710BLNR
    CHNR (Chocolat/Noir): Brown and black bezel found on GMT-Master II watches
    GV (Glace Verte): Green sapphire crystal found on Milgauss 116400GV
    LB (Lunette Bleu): Blue bezels found on Submariner watches
    LN (Lunette Noir): Black bezels found on Submariner and GMT-Master watches
    LV (Lunette Verte): Green bezels found on Submariner watches
    TBR (Tessellate Brillants): Watch set with diamonds, such as Daytona 116576TBR
    TEM (Tessellate Emeraude): Watch set with emeralds, such as Day-Date 40 228396TEM
    SABLV (Saphirs Bleu Vert): Watch set with blue and green sapphires, such as Pearlmaster 39 86348SABLV
    SABR (Saphirs, Brillants): Watch set with sapphires and diamonds, such as Submariner 116659SABR
    SACO (Saphirs Cognac): Watch set with cognac colored sapphires, such as Daytona 116598SACO
    SAFUBL (Saphirs Fuchsia Bleu): Watch set with fuchsia and blue sapphires, such as Pearlmaster 39 86349SAFUBL
    SAJOR (Saphirs Jaune Orange): Watch set with yellow and orange sapphires, such as Pearlmaster 39 86348SAJOR
    SANR (Saphirs Noir): Watch set with black sapphires, such as GMT-Master II 116759SANR
    SARU (Saphirs, Rubis): Watch set with sapphires and rubies, such as GMT-Master II 116759SARU

should add in this too

Bleu: Blue
    Brillants: Faceted diamonds
    Chocolat: Chocolate (aka brown)
    Emeraude: Emerald
    Glace: Window (aka crystal)
    Jaune: Yellow
    Lunette: Bezel
    Noir: Black
    Rouge: Red
    Rubis: Ruby
    Saphirs: Sapphire
    Vert: Green
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jun 16, 2019 at 08:16 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

That refers to the watch that doesn’t exist...if it exists...you should be able to see it on your AD’s window display right?

6. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    I can only help with four of these visually here are the ones I have pictures of:

The Hulk model number ends in LV (116610LV) so the LV is for the green Bezel.

Not my picture but what is call the Kermit is also a LV model number 16610LV

The BLNR is the Batman model number designation 126710BLNR with the new case, movement and Jubilee bracelet:

The previous Batman BLNR with the Oyster that has the older 48Hour PWR movement and other case 116710BLNR:

The Pepsi GMT II is model 126710BLRO which is the new 70Hour PWR movement, new case and Jubilee bracelet (BLRO):

There is also a solid white gold version thart uses the old case, oyster bracelet and the 48 hours (3285) movement model 126719BLRO now with a blue(or meterite) dial:

The last I can provide pictures of is the Milguass GV which means it has a Green glass crystal. In the current Rolex collection all Miguass are GV models with either black or blue dials. Here is model 116400GV with the black dial which you can see the green glass from the edge:

Last edited by Samanator; Jun 16, 2019 at 10:49 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

8. Likes Seriously, synequano liked this post
    Every day is, in fact, a school day! Cheers chaps, I was blissfully unaware.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Please spell out for me what the acronyms stand for. BLNO, BLRO, etc.
    . Batman...I am curious to see what each one looks like.
    BLNR and BLRO are color codes, I believe. BL stands for blue (or "bleu"), NR for "noir" or black, RO is red (probably "rouge"). So the BLNR is blue and black and the BLRO is blue and red.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    Popular Rolex Reference Letters
    BLRO (Bleu/Rouge): Blue and red bezels found on GMT-Master I/II watches
    BLNR (Bleu/Noir): Blue and black bezel found on GMT-Master II 116710BLNR
    CHNR (Chocolat/Noir): Brown and black bezel found on GMT-Master II watches
    GV (Glace Verte): Green sapphire crystal found on Milgauss 116400GV
    LB (Lunette Bleu): Blue bezels found on Submariner watches
    LN (Lunette Noir): Black bezels found on Submariner and GMT-Master watches
    LV (Lunette Verte): Green bezels found on Submariner watches
    TBR (Tessellate Brillants): Watch set with diamonds, such as Daytona 116576TBR
    TEM (Tessellate Emeraude): Watch set with emeralds, such as Day-Date 40 228396TEM
    SABLV (Saphirs Bleu Vert): Watch set with blue and green sapphires, such as Pearlmaster 39 86348SABLV
    SABR (Saphirs, Brillants): Watch set with sapphires and diamonds, such as Submariner 116659SABR
    SACO (Saphirs Cognac): Watch set with cognac colored sapphires, such as Daytona 116598SACO
    SAFUBL (Saphirs Fuchsia Bleu): Watch set with fuchsia and blue sapphires, such as Pearlmaster 39 86349SAFUBL
    SAJOR (Saphirs Jaune Orange): Watch set with yellow and orange sapphires, such as Pearlmaster 39 86348SAJOR
    SANR (Saphirs Noir): Watch set with black sapphires, such as GMT-Master II 116759SANR
    SARU (Saphirs, Rubis): Watch set with sapphires and rubies, such as GMT-Master II 116759SARU

should add in this too

Bleu: Blue
    Brillants: Faceted diamonds
    Chocolat: Chocolate (aka brown)
    Emeraude: Emerald
    Glace: Window (aka crystal)
    Jaune: Yellow
    Lunette: Bezel
    Noir: Black
    Rouge: Red
    Rubis: Ruby
    Saphirs: Sapphire
    Vert: Green
    And here I was thinking I was coming to the rescue. Even I didn't know some of those.

That also explains why my watch is simply the 114060 and the Submariner Date is the 116610LN and 116610LV. There is only one Submariner, but there are multiple Submariner Dates.
    Last edited by Raza; Jun 16, 2019 at 09:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Sigh. This thread is acting as a terrible reminder of how much I hate the look of jubilee bracelets.