Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What movements are compatible with 2824 stem height?

Hybrid View

What movements are compatible with 2824 stem height?

I have an old Longines that I have transplanted movement and dial into a not so nice submariner case. The time has come for me to ditch the case and stick it in something more appropriate. I am looking for a case that will accept the Longines version of the 2824 (L633) but I am keeping the movement and dial together. There are various cases on the market made to take the 2824, SW200, ST21 etc but what I want to know is if I'm missing any other possibilities for cases made for other movements that with a small bit of fiddling might work, such as Miyota, or other movements? My ideal case would be explorer-ish.

Do I remember right that at the old place there was a watchmakers subforum?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Do I remember right that at the old place there was a watchmakers subforum?
    Yes there is. The mod there was another woman, Samantha. Nice lady and very knowledgeable watchmaker.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

4. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Well, before you even get into anything complicated there's the three 2824 clones from Seagull (ST 21) Sellita, (SW200) and Hangzhou (God knows) and so any cases designed for them will work. A lot of stuff with the 2892 will go in too - the stem works from the dial side so it's just clearance at the back you need to worry about.

Have you looked at Helenarou's cases? He has 6538, Black Bay and Pilot homage cases that are good quality.

Assuming you have an account at the old place, PM jelliotz. The man is a mod master and he can give you any info you could want.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    Have you looked at Helenarou's cases? He has 6538, Black Bay and Pilot homage cases that are good quality.

Assuming you have an account at the old place, PM jelliotz. The man is a mod master and he can give you any info you could want.
    Nice cases but I don't want to do a pilot or a diver with this one. I've already got it in a subby case but I've fallen out of love with the idea of putting this dial into a dive case.
    Original post from wus (mods delete if I'm doing sumit bad)
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=1063941
    Last edited by man of kent; May 1, 2015 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks guys, I was thinking that there's shedloads of watches being sold on ebay and such for spares or repair that I could harvest the case from. The 2824 isn't a big movement so I'm sure there's options available.

What about Otto Frei?

http://www.ofrei.com/page1035.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    What about Otto Frei?

http://www.ofrei.com/page1035.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you phone up with anything less than a precise part number and the intention to buy immediately they'll tell you where to go in no uncertain terms. They are very good but don't appear to think much of the internet, or indeed people. They are not the place for a fishing expedition.

11. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    If you phone up with anything less than a precise part number and the intention to buy immediately they'll tell you where to go in no uncertain terms. They are very good but don't appear to think much of the internet, or indeed people. They are not the place for a fishing expedition.
    I have ordered from them but I haven't called or talked to them.

I was just saying that Otto has cases for the ETA 2824 movement so that might be an option.