Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What movements are compatible with 2824 stem height?

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    I have ordered from them but I haven't called or talked to them.

I was just saying that Otto has cases for the ETA 2824 movement so that might be an option.
    Oh I agree, they've got some lovely stuff, but I got the sense that MOK was on more of a fishing expedition.

Meanwhile, I notice that I completely failed to notice he'd mentioned the clones. I'm an idiot. To make up, it's worth remembering that ETA were the Eterna in house movement arm and so pretty well any later Eterna auto should work as will pretty well every zombie brand from about '82 onwards (hell even Zenith were reduced to them for a while...

I may take the old case off your hands, if you want rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexvil View Post
    I may take the old case off your hands, if you want rid of it.
    You are welcome to it once I've made it redundant. There is a dial, hands and bracelet also. The original sale claims this:
    sapphire glass,
    30atm water resistance,
    120 click unidirectional lumed ceramic bezel.

What I would say is that you get plenty for your money in terms of bragging rights, but the quality is not 100%

Quote Originally Posted by man of kent View Post
    You are welcome to it once I've made it redundant. There is a dial, hands and bracelet also. The original sale claims this:
    sapphire glass,
    30atm water resistance,
    120 click unidirectional lumed ceramic bezel.

What I would say is that you get plenty for your money in terms of bragging rights, but the quality is not 100%
    I have a spare movement and this would make a nice loaner or gift. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexvil View Post
    I have a spare movement and this would make a nice loaner or gift. Let me know.
    Send me your address chap and I'll get the spare case to you in the next few days. I decided to put the Longines back as it was. It's tiny, but at least its not pretending to be a submariner!

6. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by man of kent View Post
    Send me your address chap and I'll get the spare case to you in the next few days. I decided to put the Longines back as it was. It's tiny, but at least its not pretending to be a submariner!
    Hurrah, twice over!

Plenty of scratchproof Rado cases fit the 2824 if you want to go funky mate. I could probably sort you out an old Balboa case if you fancy that idea.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    Plenty of scratchproof Rado cases fit the 2824 if you want to go funky mate. I could probably sort you out an old Balboa case if you fancy that idea.
    The moment of truth, dear MoK, has arrived....welcome to your Radonian Destiny

10. Likes scottjc liked this post
    Im going to measure the dial and update but its pretty much the diameter of the movement, perhaps a 1mm more max. I reckon that is a good idea. A Longines pretending to be a Rado. How cool is that?

12. Likes Der Amf, scottjc liked this post
    Well, the dial is a whopping 27mm across (coming from a 35mm case). If the Rado case can accommodate this size dial, I'm happy to consider taking one off your hands. Let me know how much you want.