Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Enamel Dials

Enamel Dials

Is it possible to repair these? I have a charming trench watch with a chipped dial. I’m not looking for a like-new repair but something kintsugi-style, celebrating the repair. Does anybody do this kind of thing?

Sent from my cracked, broken hand wound phone. IG @morning_tundra

Quote Originally Posted by morningtundra View Post
    Is it possible to repair these? I have a charming trench watch with a chipped dial. I’m not looking for a like-new repair but something kintsugi-style, celebrating the repair. Does anybody do this kind of thing?

yes they do kits ant that cheap but they can be repaired yourself but a lot of us never bother as for me it takes something away from the watch ..but suppose depends how bad ,hair lines are just normal also where if around the edge on the number I would be more likely to do it then else where on the dial ..

my vertex
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    That has got to have a steep learning curve to use. I can barely get the paint to match on a wall in my house!

Dan

5. Likes morningtundra liked this post
    Don’t think my skills are up to this yet. Perhaps one day... I was quoted $1000 to do the work (shipping extra!)

Quote Originally Posted by morningtundra View Post
    Don’t think my skills are up to this yet. Perhaps one day... I was quoted $1000 to do the work (shipping extra!)

no way worth it unless some lost rolex tench watch even then they can be bought for a few hundred ...

got any pics ?

some of the kits are better then others ..but at that price worth trying it any way yourself
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    That has got to have a steep learning curve to use. I can barely get the paint to match on a wall in my house!

Dan
    well as I said in my other post depends which kit you use and to what level of repair you doing one off vs hobbie
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy