Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Crown Position

Blog Entries

Crown Position

Does anybody pay attention to the crown position? A long time ago, I was told that people would hang a horseshoe upside down over their door so that it would catch good luck. At least that is what I was told. So I always oriented the Omega upside down for the same reason. Seemed to work on a car crash that should have killed me, but I was wearing my Omega Officers Model with the crown in the open up position. The watch almost got as much damage as I did, but we both made it.

Just thinking as tonight I put on my Speedy Pro, and yes, oriented the Omega open end up.

Dan

No

I do however, tend to wear my watches on my left wrist, so maybe that's the equivalent
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

I really don't pay much attention to the crown position on my watches.

About the horseshoe, that's an old story and, apparently, it seems to be almost a 'global' thing. Interesting.
    Last edited by CFR; Jun 22, 2019 at 07:32 AM.

Dan, are you saying you don't tighten the crown all the way so you can choose the position of the logo?

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Dan, are you saying you don't tighten the crown all the way so you can choose the position of the logo?
    I guess on a vintage it's okay. But on mine I swim in etc I have it done right up tight. Which is top at 3pm.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    On my Speedy Pro, vintage, Broad Arrow, and officer's model, the crown does not screw in, so no. But on my SMP GMT and PO, sure, I screw it in all the way.

Dan