Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zodiac jubilee bracelet

Zodiac jubilee bracelet

I posted in another thread about issues with my Zodiac SSW jubilee bracelet. Specifically, when adjusted for a comfortable fit on the wrist, I can not fit my hand inside the bracelet. I can add another link or two, but then the watch is like a bangle and just floats around my wrist.

The bracelet is a brilliant looking piece, tapering dramatically from 20mm to 16mm with alternating brushed and polished surfaces. Loving the look of the watch on the bracelet, I want to solve the clasp issue.

Looking at the attachment of the bracelet and clasp, there is not an easy way to attach a new/aftermarket clasp to the jubilee links. When the clasp is removed, there is just the "female" side of the jubilee link. First step was to find something to solve that problem. Some quick eBaying and I came up with 16mm links that looked like they would work. It took some trimming in a vice with the dremel to get them to mate to the Zodiac bracelet, but it works.

This setup will accept spring bars on the endlink and clasp side, so now we're ready for a clasp.

I found a Strapcode 16mm diver's clasp that is on the way to me, as well as some quality 16mm spring bars for the attachment. Now we wait until the clasp arrives.

2. Likes Raza, CFR, hayday, Greg liked this post
    That's some good problem solving right there. I hated those butterfly clasps on the Ball Hydrocarbons that I had in the past.

4. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Blog Entries
    You are certainly much more handy than I am. Looking forward to the final result.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

6. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    That's some good problem solving right there. I hated those butterfly clasps on the Ball Hydrocarbons that I had in the past.
    The butterfly on the Zodiac is ridiculously tiny. You'd need a hand size almost the same as your wrist for it to work.

-- Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    You are certainly much more handy than I am. Looking forward to the final result.

It might be a trainwreck I hope the clasp looks good on the bracelet. Luckily it's not an expensive experiment.

-- Wayne

9. Likes Raza liked this post
    Where does the ‘Jubilee’ originate ?

Didn’t I see someone talking about a Jubilee bracelet on a Rolex the other day ¿?
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post

Didn’t I see someone talking about a Jubilee bracelet on a Rolex the other day ¿?
    I assumed it originated with Rolex, although I am not sure.

-- Wayne

Israel, I think.

That would look ridiculous... ... Everyone knows a Rolex should be on an 'oyster' bracelet.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

13. Likes Raza liked this post
    I see where the OP is coming from and good luck with the mod. I kinda enjoy folding my hand in on itself to get into those Zodiac jubilees.

The hunt continues. This clasp is too bulky.

-- Wayne