Likes Likes:  7

Thread: My small wrists strike again - watch winder woes

My small wrists strike again - watch winder woes

When I first got into watches I bought a cheap 2-watch winder from Amazon. I know winders are something of a polarising topic, but over the years I had it, the winder proved very useful (+ there is something I love about the futuristic decadence of having a machine to wind a watch).
    A few weeks ago it stopped working. Given that it was about 5 years old and cost less than £40 I didn't think that was too bad; so when my parents asked me what I wanted for my birthday I suggested they get a couple more of the same model. They dropped them off today and I happily set them up after they had left... only to discover that the makers have changed the design of the bit that holds the watches. The old one I had came with a removable plate on the holder, which you could remove if it made it too large for your watch to fit on. The new one does not, meaning that my bracelet watches simply can't be put on the holder. They're close, but I reckon they'd need at least another link in to go on.
    I'm going to hang on to the winders, as they're still fine for watches on leather or Natos (which to be fair most of mine are), but still felt the need to whinge like a little b1tch here.

I let a small battery to wind my watch and keep it working... Ooopppsssttt... i mean its a QUARTZ...

(sorry, just kidding.. i know it is pretty lame...)

or you can get those Russian watch that rumors said they are run by communist..

I experience the same issue when shopping for good men's dress slacks in that have a pretty small waist and almost everything out there is made for larger individuals.

Small wrists and/or small waists limit your options in certain instances.......sigh!
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    I experience the same issue when shopping for good men's dress slacks in that have a pretty small waist and almost everything out there is made for larger individuals.

Small wrists and/or small waists limit your options in certain instances.......sigh!
    Yeah, that's not a problem I have

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post

I have a similar issue with shirts. Standard fit for my neck and chest is huge on my waist.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    I have a similar issue with shirts. Standard fit for my neck and chest is huge on my waist.
    I have something like that with my neck. Basically I've got a fat neck

7. Likes scottjc, geoffbot liked this post
    I have just the opposite problem with my wrists. When I put them on the cushions, they flop around on the winder (I have to place 'fillers' underneath plus they protect the watches from rubbing - I hate that!). I am of the belief now, that the cushions are as important as the winder.

I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy G-Schlocks.

Okay..., Charging Paddles... CLEAR!! BZZZZT... Another Thread Revived!

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹
    I'm Just Here For The Comic Relief. Nothing I Do or Say Needs to be Taken Seriously.