Likes Likes:  0

Thread: **** name this movement ****

**** name this movement ****

Name:  DSCF4254.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  77.5 KB

well members I feel I should know what movement this is but can't seem to place it

what we know small size probably 25mm , swiss made , very early think 1900's / 1920's , sub-six dial french cased ,

thats about it not a lot to go on probably a version of A. Schild movement at a guess

As always ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

well guess no one else knows either
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well guess no one else knows either
    There are few references out there to help. The best are for American PWs. With a dial side and a movement side shot, I have books that will let you pin it down quickly. In addition, the lettering in the lower right is impossible for me to read and could be clue. The winding wheel stop is reminiscent of a Zenith, but that is about as far as I can throw it.

Dan

Blog Entries
    For such puzzles I usually go to Ranff first off, but it's a big database and it helps to know the year if you don't know the brand.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    There are few references out there to help. The best are for American PWs. With a dial side and a movement side shot, I have books that will let you pin it down quickly. In addition, the lettering in the lower right is impossible for me to read and could be clue. The winding wheel stop is reminiscent of a Zenith, but that is about as far as I can throw it.

Dan
    the lower right is swiss made it has no other marking on the movement apart from the usually ones on the regulating are

will up load some of case dial in a bit
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    For such puzzles I usually go to Ranff first off, but it's a big database and it helps to know the year if you don't know the brand.
    thats the rub unsigned no ref , no makers mark just swiss made it's early not sure as early as first thought but still before 1920's at a guess not even knowing maker is making it difficult to search

would guess the info is on the dial of the movement
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

so as I said think french case no markings except on the back possible military with the 24hr dial fix lugs and leather combat strap

Name:  DSCF4224.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  44.8 KBName:  DSCF4233.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  34.4 KBName:  DSCF4239.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  33.4 KBName:  DSCF4240.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  40.2 KBName:  DSCF4243.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  66.4 KBName:  DSCF4268.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  64.0 KB

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    so as I said think french case no markings except on the back possible military with the 24hr dial fix lugs and leather combat strap

Name:  DSCF4239.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  33.4 KB

The scroll work along the edges is lovely. Something about the lettering and case make me think late 20's early 30's, but only a guess. t's a fun puzzle.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    The scroll work along the edges is lovely. Something about the lettering and case make me think late 20's early 30's, but only a guess. t's a fun puzzle.
    it reminds me of a cal 13 a.schild ...

sharky
    rest easy good buddy