Likes Likes:  57
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: It's hip to be...um...not round...

  1. #1
    Member watch carefully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Suburbadelphia, PA
    Posts
    169

    It's hip to be...um...not round...

    Hello friends...I've been absent a lot lately, or just lurking and reading.
    But I finally obtained a watch I've been seeking for years, so I thought I'd share it and ask to see your tanks, rectangles, squares, TVs, etc...

    Here is my recent acquisition...a Hamilton Trent from ca. 2005:





    It came with some used and rather ugly pale brown straps, missing the keepers, so I immediately dug out a NOS vintage Novavit bracelet which I believe complements the polished/textured elements of the case pretty well (although it is a bit to thin to be aesthetically ideal).

    I hope you'll share some photos of watches with angles...
    Brad

  2. #2
    Congrats Brad. Classic good looks, great bracelet too. Cheers
    Wrist shot if poss. please
    Fan of the tank myself.
    Pity the T18 re-issue was a let down, but there you go, still on the lookout

  3. #3
    Member watch carefully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Suburbadelphia, PA
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Congrats Brad. Classic good looks, great bracelet too. Cheers
    Wrist shot if poss. please
    Fan of the tank myself.
    Pity the T18 re-issue was a let down, but there you go, still on the lookout
    Thanks! Here are a couple wrist shots...my wrist is 7.5" or so, and this is a great size for me:




    Tell me more about the T18 and what you're looking for. I'll be glad to alert you if I run across one.
    B

  4. Likes Strela167, JAGtime, synequano, iyonk liked this post
  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by watch carefully View Post
    Thanks! Here are a couple wrist shots...my wrist is 7.5" or so, and this is a great size for me:




    Tell me more about the T18 and what you're looking for. I'll be glad to alert you if I run across one.
    B
    Only my thoughts, your watch, your choice mate, but prefer the leather

  6. #5
    Member watch carefully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Suburbadelphia, PA
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Only my thoughts, your watch, your choice mate, but prefer the leather
    LOL. I hear that a lot. I've received loads of light-hearted abuse for making this change:




  7. Likes JAGtime, wschofield3, synequano, iyonk liked this post
  8. #6
    Name:  LGIM0127.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  321.5 KBName:  LGIM0113.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  234.9 KBName:  LGIM0110.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  368.1 KBName:  LGIM0184.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  245.3 KB

    Would prefer a little bigger st.st. Zvezda T18. There was hope for a remake elsewhere but fell though
    The lip has a crown bigger than the case so kept popping out and stopping, annoying to say the least. Finish, dial was amazing , case finnish , let's say naff to be polite
    Last edited by Strela167; Jul 1, 2019 at 04:53 PM.

  9. Likes iyonk liked this post
  10. #7
    Name:  BILD0405.JPG
Views: 50
Size:  253.6 KB

    Still got the alarm

    Name:  BILD1268.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  256.5 KBName:  BILD1828.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  76.8 KBName:  BILD2340.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  49.3 KB
    Last edited by Strela167; Jul 1, 2019 at 04:39 PM.

  11. Likes synequano, DJW GB, iyonk liked this post
  12. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by watch carefully View Post
    LOL. I hear that a lot. I've received loads of light-hearted abuse for making this change:



    TBF mesh breathes, in summer a must. A go to if unsure of a strap imo. Works well on most , but not all. Yours looks fine by me. There are Ti couted satin finish around now that are not so blingy as the shiney of old btw, pretty sure you already know that though.

  13. #9
    Moderator - Central tribe125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    13,017
    Quote Originally Posted by watch carefully View Post


    Very nice, with clean Art Deco lines.


    I havenít had much luck with rectangles on my 7.5Ē wrist, unless theyíre vintage-sized, like this one -


    Name:  0896999E-0CA5-49D7-B7D2-D5F1828CCBA3.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  97.2 KB


    I often forget that I have this watch, and itís just taken me quite a while to find it (in a box with old coins and my fatherís war medals).

    It was my daily watch in the mid-1980s - before I developed a watch hobby. The movement is all gommed up now.

  14. Likes iyonk, Strela167 liked this post
  15. #10
    Member watch carefully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Suburbadelphia, PA
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    TBF mesh breathes, in summer a must. A go to if unsure of a strap imo. Works well on most , but not all. Yours looks fine by me. There are Ti couted satin finish around now that are not so blingy as the shiney of old btw, pretty sure you already know that though.
    The mesh pictured above is a brushed Staib model; IMO it goes great with the brushed bezel & lugs of the RGM.

    I originally bought it to go on this chrono, which I ordered from RGM with a brushed case:



    I dig the bracelet so much, I moved it to a watch I would wear more often than the chronograph (ultimately sold).

  16. Likes wschofield3, synequano, iyonk, Strela167 liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us