Likes Likes:  49
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SOTC from someone who is not collecting watches, spoiler: no divers or fliegers

SOTC from someone who is not collecting watches, spoiler: no divers or fliegers

Top row is what I had about a year ago.
    Bottom row, I'm thinking they are all I need. Only thing that didn't go as planned was the Rado that had a lug width of 21mm and not 20mm that was in the specs.
    Well anyway, all others are 40mm size and 20mm lugs so changing straps between the watches is what I do.

I find myself using the bottom row light dial automatics almost anywhere, they're dressy but have 50m - 100m WR and sapphire glass.
    Top right corner the titanium Seiko omg it's so small, light, and comfortable, I wish I had the money to buy similar size(38mm x 8mm) or even thinner automatics.
    I work with heavy machinery, last week I was lifting windmill parts weighting 80 tons and I just don't like to wear something that looks like a tool watch.
    My hands are soft and delicate instruments and I like my watch to reflect that.

Name:  Kelloboxi 07 2019 cropped.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  85.1 KB
    Last edited by Egsise; Jul 5, 2019 at 09:54 AM.

Name:  34zfit.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  57.3 KB
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

3. Likes synequano, OrangeSport liked this post
    For a collection that has no fliegers, that Seiko 5 sure looks like one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Likes Sedi liked this post
    I think the Seiko 5 SNKN25K1 is a field watch, but it has the same case as the SNK809 which has a flieger style dial.
    Technically both don't suit for that stuff because no hacking...I was surprised of the accuracy as 50/50 wrist and dial up it's 0,0sec/day.
    Originally I bought the Seiko 5 just out of curiosity but since it was so accurate I decided to keep it.
    It has only 30m WR so I've been wearing it in the shower and outdoors hiking and hunting, just to push it and see how bad the seals really are.
    So far there hasn't been any signs of moisture inside the watch.

Field watches
    Name:  Seiko 5 SNKN25K1  khaki nato Hamilton Khaki King Zuludiver desert sand nato (Small).jpg
Views: 471
Size:  74.1 KB

Blue one piece perlon was almost too much, it completely changed how the watch looked and felt.
    Name:  ds3BIsj.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  146.7 KB

The Junkers F13 eisvogel model 6706-5 imho has just a hint of flieger in it, it's the dial or the shape of the case or something or dunno maybe it's just the name.
    If you don't know Junkers... https://www.junkers-f13.com/junkers-f13-legend/
    I was actually looking to buy the Hamilton Khaki King but before purchase I looked at watches in sale and my gf said the Junkers looks nice.
    So, I kind of accidentally bought it, MSRP is 800€ and it I got a full set with 450€, it has a 50m WR, Sellita SW200-1,sapphires and genuine alligator strap so it wasn't that bad.

Name:  Junkers closeup.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  178.2 KB Name:  Junkers eisvogel.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  41.2 KB
    Last edited by Egsise; Jul 5, 2019 at 12:08 PM.

7. Likes Col Angus, synequano, OhDark30, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Angus View Post
    For a collection that has no fliegers, that Seiko 5 sure looks like one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    yes would go mil field more then pilot for the seiko 5 thats how they market it anyway
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by Egsise View Post
    I think the Seiko 5 SNKN25K1 is a field watch, but it has the same case as the SNK809 which has a flieger style dial.
    Technically both don't suit for that stuff because no hacking...I was surprised of the accuracy as 50/50 wrist and dial up it's 0,0sec/day.
    Originally I bought the Seiko 5 just out of curiosity but since it was so accurate I decided to keep it.
    It has only 30m WR so I've been wearing it in the shower and outdoors hiking and hunting, just to push it and see how bad the seals really are.
    So far there hasn't been any signs of moisture inside the watch.

Field watches
    Name:  Seiko 5 SNKN25K1  khaki nato Hamilton Khaki King Zuludiver desert sand nato (Small).jpg
Views: 471
Size:  74.1 KB

Blue one piece perlon was almost too much, it completely changed how the watch looked and felt.
    Name:  ds3BIsj.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  146.7 KB

The Junkers F13 eisvogel model 6706-5 imho has just a hint of flieger in it, it's the dial or the shape of the case or something or dunno maybe it's just the name.
    If you don't know Junkers... https://www.junkers-f13.com/junkers-f13-legend/
    I was actually looking to buy the Hamilton Khaki King but before purchase I looked at watches in sale and my gf said the Junkers looks nice.
    So, I kind of accidentally bought it, MSRP is 800€ and it I got a full set with 450€, it has a 50m WR, Sellita SW200-1,sapphires and genuine alligator strap so it wasn't that bad.

junkers are fairly well known specially to Russian fans as some of their early ones used a 3133 chrono movement

yes had a few mil 5 bought then in different dial colour then tended to flip them on ..I some times think to myself the first one maybe I should have keep as was a good hmmm tool watch or beater
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    junkers are fairly well known specially to Russian fans as some of their early ones used a 3133 chrono movement
    I think anyone that has knowledge of WW2 knows Junkers planes, the watches are a bit meh as they ride on the name without any real heritage.
    They do have a few nice looking and affordable bauhaus watches, kind of cheap versions of Junghans bauhaus watches.

I think anyone that has knowledge of WW2 knows Junkers planes, the watches are a bit meh as they ride on the name without any real heritage.
    They do have a few nice looking and affordable bauhaus watches, kind of cheap versions of Junghans bauhaus watches.
    well thats why they are liked as they are a more affordable version take a look at a max bill £1200 and the same look in the junker is like £500 so their will be those who will buy them
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well thats why they are liked as they are a more affordable version take a look at a max bill £1200 and the same look in the junker is like £500 so their will be those who will buy them
    I would understand the Junghans prices if they used sapphire glass and have more than 30m WR but no, plexiglass and just splash resistant 1000€ watch is an accident waiting to happen.

I would understand the Junghans prices if they used sapphire glass and have more than 30m WR but no, plexiglass and just splash resistant 1000€ watch is an accident waiting to happen.
    yeah like the look not the price point so went for one of these in a sale for £40 quid

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

14. Likes synequano liked this post