Likes Likes:  49
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SOTC from someone who is not collecting watches, spoiler: no divers or fliegers

Name:  takapuolet4 (Small).jpg
Views: 407
Size:  59.3 KB
    Name:  takapuolet3 (Small).jpg
Views: 346
Size:  70.8 KB

The Rado has ETA2892-A2 elaboré so there's decorations but I was surprised to find decorations from the Junkers Sellita SW290-1.
    Picture from Junkers, Rado has same decorations, neither are visible without elf eyes or magnifying glass.

Name:  SW290-1 koristelu.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  47.3 KB

2. Likes Strela167, CFR, OhDark30, iyonk liked this post
    I was seriously considering to buy the Vintage Zenith last december, and I was quite pleased to find the Rotary six months later.
    The modern version of the Zenith also looked nice.
    I'm glad that I got over the "it must be a Zenith because the brand is better than x" thinking.
    Name:  IMG_2019-07-16_17-39-25.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  296.4 KB

4. Likes OhDark30, iyonk liked this post
    SOTC now, watches for different occasions, what is missing from the picture is Seiko 5 that I honestly bought just because it was cheap and wanted to to try it.
    Also what is not in the box is the watch I'm wearing if I don't know what watch to wear, the grey dial Seiko titanium on a titanium bracelet.
    Most of these are 38-40mm with 20mm lugs so I have lots of straps for them, usually I vaguely match the strap color to my shoes.
    I think I'm set now as the number of watch+strap combinations is so high that I don't have time to wear them all.

Oh the Casio is there to remind me of the real world, and if I show my friends my watchbox they recognize the Casio and don't think I'm too serious watch collector or a snob.

Name:  2019 10 b (Custom).JPG
Views: 239
Size:  143.5 KB
    Last edited by Egsise; Oct 22, 2019 at 07:33 AM.

6. Likes CFR, tribe125, mlcor, hayday, OhDark30, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Egsise View Post
    I think I'm set now as the number of watch+strap combinations is so high that I don't have time to wear them all.

Oh the Casio is there to remind me of the real world, and if I show my friends my watchbox they recognize the Casio and don't think I'm too serious watch collector or a snob.

Name:  2020 01 14 small.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  76.8 KB

8. Likes CFR, rodia77, iyonk, Sedi liked this post
    Not a watch collector? Hmm......

Name:  2020 01 14 small.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  76.8 KB
    hmmn my watch box i use for rotation is full of them

hmm gwm-5600 ,dw 5600 , gwm-5610 ,glx 6900 ,dw6900,dw9052,2x ga-100,a 1982 casiotron, and a deep blue is in the mix at the minute
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I just never have sold any of my watches so they keep piling..

Tbh now I need to start spending my money to some other hobby, SO is starting to give me THE LOOK.
    She does appreciate that I've bought watches to her too, and a diamond ring, but the signs are in the air better stop now.

SO is starting to give me THE LOOK.
    She does appreciate that I've bought watches to her too, and a diamond ring, but the signs are in the air better stop now.
    Oh, I see.That can be dangerous, better be careful.

That Junkers is pretty cool looking. So is the Frederique Constant. For some reason, that shade of salmon? Coral? Dunno what it is but I like THAT color.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I just never have sold any of my watches so they keep piling..
    Hoarder is the word. [hint=line of defence]And hoarding is a disorder.[/hint]