Likes Likes:  28
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: an interesting project

an interesting project

A lot of straps leave my bench, of all materials for all brands, going everywhere, but once in a while I have a more unique project. 9 times of 10 this is due to lug structures, and I guess this one qualifies there. The aquatimer uses proprietary spring-loaded endlinks for the watch, meaning that you can't just up and use other straps. Aside from the bracelet and rubber, you can special request a Velcro close ballistic strap that comes with a pair of endinks to attach it to the watch. While quite nice, the fabric is not a proper match to the watch, and a strap was requested that could attach to the endlinks.

Name:  IMG_20150430_163510_hdr.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  87.0 KB

We went back and forth a bit on the hide I would use for the strap - a unique grain or texture was requests, as was a 'beach-y' colourway, and I eventually agreed to go out and slay a dragon. The results worked out quite nicely.

Name:  DSC_1194 (2).jpg
Views: 114
Size:  65.7 KB

Thought it was worth sharing!

Cheers,
    Last edited by CanadianStraps; Apr 30, 2015 at 10:50 PM.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Very nice! Love that summery blue colour.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

3. Likes CanadianStraps liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    The results worked out quite nicely.

Name:  DSC_1194 (2).jpg
Views: 114
Size:  65.7 KB

Thought it was worth sharing!

Cheers,
    Pardon my French but, Hot Damn that's nice!!!

I'll take one!! Don't even know what I'd wear it on... But I don't care.
    Chris:

That's really lovely. I'd love to see pics of it on the watch, do you know if your customer will send you any?

Very nice summer color.

How big was the dragon?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

8. Likes iyonk liked this post
    That shade of blue looks like a dragon's spring plumage - if time hadn't been pressing you could have waited for it to slough it off?

Like Sherry says: Very summery. I hope it's going on a white-dial Aquatimer, otherwise I can't see it 'working' Trying to picture it on mine....... Hmmmmm...... got an idea for when I get home (where's the lightbulb smiley ?)
    I'm rather unimpressed with the velcro strap that came with mine, too; but haven't gotten around to seeking out a strap that I like to fit to the end links, yet.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    That's really lovely. I'd love to see pics of it on the watch, do you know if your customer will send you any?
    I request them for every strap I make, I get about a 10% return on those requests, but I will do what I can for this one. He is in India, so the delivery will probably take 10 or more days.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    That shade of blue looks like a dragon's spring plumage - if time hadn't been pressing you could have waited for it to slough it off?
    Maybe, but that doesn't make for much of a story for the grandkids.

13. Likes Der Amf liked this post