Likes Likes:  563
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WRUW•••May•••2015

2. Likes Greg, d2mac, iyonk liked this post
    Hahaha... Awesome start Tom! thanks for starting the thread buddy

enjoying my silly combo.. but the one i wear the most beside my square =)
    Name:  DSCN0586.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  47.0 KB

4. Likes d2mac, deepsea_dweller, Greg liked this post
    Build an Raspberry Pi2 in a NOS 1992 PC housing.
    GA-100 on top.
    Turbo is engaged!

Post created with Raspberry Pi. :-)
    Last edited by d2mac; May 3, 2015 at 03:44 PM.

6. Likes iyonk, Greg liked this post

WRUW•••May•••2015

Welcome back lyonk :-) :-) :-) Enjoy your Sunday :-)

Sent from my iPhone 6+

8. Likes d2mac, iyonk, Greg liked this post
    GW2500B out hiking.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

10. Likes OhDark30, iyonk, d2mac, deepsea_dweller liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    Build an Raspberry Pi2 in a NOS 1992 PC housing.
    GA-100 on top.
    Turbo is engaged!

Post created with Raspberry Pi. :-)
    Awesome d2mac. The first pic led me to think you had a working 386 or 486 with that lit turbo light. Thanks for posting the pics of the inside of the case. Very cool looking project. Ive tinkered with building PC's since the early 90's. Whats the output of that power supply and is it stock or modded?

Ive been toying with the idea of getting this 486 cpu running as a project. I havent had it in a case running in about 15 years but I have most of the parts and I think it will still run. Fun hobby anyway. I have DOS and Windows disks back to version 3. I recently installed win2000 pro on an old AMD project. I still think its an awesome OS.

12. Likes iyonk liked this post
    I found this case in the bay.
    The Power supply is delivering 6A on the 5V Rail (+12V 2A and some milliamps in negative 12V and 5V).
    Since i dont need 12V or negative voltage i removed the according cables from the harness.

The cool thing on those old power supllies is the REAL power switch, extended to the front cover in this case!

I just made a small board for the front LEDs,
    Turbo is only switching the LED. 8-)

Reset is disrupting Pis 5V via relay.

The performance of the Pi with Rasbian is very 486ish.

I really like the idea of keeping old PCs in running condition just to show the iphone kiddies where those came from (and an enlarged view of a computers guts).

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Awesome d2mac. The first pic led me to think you had a working 386 or 486 with that lit turbo light. Thanks for posting the pics of the inside of the case. Very cool looking project. Ive tinkered with building PC's since the early 90's. Whats the output of that power supply and is it stock or modded?

Ive been toying with the idea of getting this 486 cpu running as a project. I havent had it in a case running in about 15 years but I have most of the parts and I think it will still run. Fun hobby anyway. I have DOS and Windows disks back to version 3. I recently installed win2000 pro on an old AMD project. I still think its an awesome OS.

14. Likes Greg, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    I found this case in the bay.
    The Power supply is delivering 6A on the 5V Rail (+12V 2A and some milliamps in negative 12V and 5V).
    Since i dont need 12V or negative voltage i removed the according cables from the harness.

The cool thing on those old power supllies is the REAL power switch, extended to the front cover in this case!

I just made a small board for the front LEDs,
    Turbo is only switching the LED. 8-)

Reset is disrupting Pis 5V via relay.

The performance of the Pi with Rasbian is very 486ish.

I really like the idea of keeping old PCs in running condition just to show the iphone kiddies where those came from (and an enlarged view of a computers guts).
    Glad to see some PC builder in this forum! haha..

i still have a working pentium 133 .. i always build my own PC since there are some requirement for running music production softwares and hardwares..
    my current studio/recording computer running Xeon dual processor from 8 years ago, running 5 harddisks and only 2 gig or RAM.. pretty outdated today but cost me arm and legs back then hehehe..

thanks for sharing what inside the case d2mac!

16. Likes Greg liked this post
    After checking my seiko 5 from the drooped 4 days ago... the watch seem run fast about +20to30secs/day (previously +8/day).. i have adjusted seiko automatic in the past and the problem seem identical like when i dropped my black seiko monster 7 months ago..

so after about a dozen of adjustment... i got lucky and try it out on the wrist since i want to adjust for wearing condition... so far it has been 18 hours and it only gain +1sec! yippeee!!

18. Likes deepsea_dweller, Greg, OhDark30 liked this post
    STR-800 today.

20. Likes iyonk, deepsea_dweller, Greg, OhDark30 liked this post