Ah, Instagram. That platform that sucks, according to my phone’s digital wellbeing section; well over an hour a day of my life into its colourful void. It’s a social media platform that might as well be made for watches — highly visual, and the wristshot is perfectly framed in that square crop. I’ve made some great watch buddies through Instagram — the #watchfam is real. But it’s not all peachy; it’s also the worst platform out there for mental health, thanks to its impossibly filtered lifestyles and the intense FOMO-factor. That’s a bigger fish than I’m capable of frying RN, but I can have a crack at five overdone, overwrought and just old tropes of the watch Instagram world. And I will. Starting with … The watch/car shot Urgh. You know this shot, it’s the guy (it’s always a guy) with the *insert mainstream luxury brand here* casually resting on the wheel of their *insert mainstream European luxury sedan here*, in a flex that’s as fresh as it is subtle. We get it, you can tell the time AND drive. Oh, and you’ve got money. Bravo. The fistful of dollars Sometimes it’s not enough to let your followers know you’ve…

The post 5 Instagram watch cliches that need to be cancelled, right now appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...