Editor's note: A little while ago, Andrew spent a week with the slender beauty that is the Piaget Altiplano 40mm Ultra-Thin date, an unusual expedition into the world of ultra-slim dress watches. So, here goes …* This week on the wrist is borne almost purely out of curiosity. I have tried on Piaget Altiplano watches over the years and found them unusually comfortable to wear. In interviews and conversations with Altiplano owners, there's always a resounding refrain of, "It's hard to go back to heavier/larger/thicker watches once you get used to it". So, when given the chance to have an extended period of time with the Ultra-Thin date in rose gold, I jumped at it. My first impression was …*That it's a clean, deeply stylish statement, and that I might need a new wardrobe. A watch this slight and minimal seems to draw a lot more attention to the wrist, and the cuff, and the accessories that are being worn with it. While it's saying very few words, they're all well-chosen, and they're all expensive. Good luck dressing down this quiet achiever. Once I put it on, it felt …*Hey, wait, is this thing actually on? Any heft you associate…

The post Feeling thin with the Piaget Altiplano 40mm Ultra-Thin date pink gold appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...