Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any1 here have Solar?

Any1 here have Solar?

Just had an in-house consultant about going Solar for my home.What's all your opinions about solar? Any cons on adding it to my home.I know all the pro's. Any1 here have some 1st hand experience? or voice some opinions on it.Pro's or Con's ?

Replies & comments appreciated.

On another note the guy was in2 wrist watches as well,kinda weird to actually meet some 1 in2 my passion @ my own home.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

2. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    My new build house has maybe 9 2ft x 4ft or so panels on the roof. We pay for our electricity as normal then get a cheque back for the power we put back into the grid when it's not being used (nighttime, for example). I believe that they buy it back from us at more than they sell to us, but we still get sod all back - about £60 last year iirc?

There used to be a government incentive for them - they were heavily subsidised so even with the contractors making a killing (perhaps why they stopped it) you still got em cheap and it may have been worth it but I think they're like 15k so you'd be waiting a while. I believe they operate best in high sunshine low heat.

All of the above maybe completely wrong FYI.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

My parents got an in home consultation and it sounded like a rip to me. I'd love to do solar someday, but not through a company that markets to my door.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    There used to be a government incentive for them ...
    We got ours for free on that one ... which is just as well, because I don't know who's making the money off them ?..... But it ain't us Our electricity bill was about £110 less than the previous year (from when they were fitted); so would not have costed in to pay for them ourselves..... Although, we don't don't know what the installers and power providers are making off them ?!
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Here you either buy them for 40-45 k or rent them from them but w/o ever owning them.No cost out of pocket for anything.It will save me about 20.00 a month roughly 240.00 a year.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

I'm still not sold though
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

$240 a year would take 160 years to pay back $40k, no? End of story?

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    We got ours for free on that one ... which is just as well, because I don't know who's making the money off them ?..... But it ain't us Our electricity bill was about £110 less than the previous year (from when they were fitted); so would not have costed in to pay for them ourselves..... Although, we don't don't know what the installers and power providers are making off them ?!
    They install them , maintain them all for free.NO outta pocket cost for anything.I would have a bill from them every month for 144.00 + an APS electric bill for about 15.00.My current bill is 184.00 every month plus any added energy you produce & do not use they pay you.
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    $240 a year would take 160 years to pay back $40k, no? End of story?

I don't understand what your saying here Geoff.
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Ah - sorry - I didn't see that you were saving 240 a year net - I thought that's what you got paid back. Got it now. Sounds perfect - why not?