Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Working hours

Working hours

My sister just said that in America most normal people work 8-7 and only get 10 days holiday. Say it ain't so.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

And no such thing as unfair dismissal either

I know holiday entitlements over there are a lot lower. Not sure about general working hours but there is certainly far less regulation around the treatment of workers. Capitalism, innit

bighead
    8am-2pm. Teach 2 54 minute periods, 1 & 5. Collaborative teaching periods 3 & 4. One student in library period 2. Prep 6. Can leave. Oh, and 17 weeks of vacation. Sorry...

What is normal?

Avg work week is now 47 hours per the press. For the few who actually work.

I work 9-17:30 Monday to Friday with 27 days holiday for the record.

I do 7am to 5pm Mon, Tues, Thu, Fri. 30 days holiday.

I work a 6 week rotational shift pattern consisting of 7am-5pm, 12pm-10pm, 9pm-7am, 7am-7pm, 7pm-7am shifts.

I work 2 weekends out of every 6, as I work 10hr and 12 hr shifts I also get additional rest days to make up for longer working hours, as well as my 30 days holiday a year and 8 for Bank holidays

When I was a prof, I worked 3-4 days/week and had +4 months off every summer (mid-April until September), plus all the other holidays + 3 weeks at christmas, 1 reading week in Fall, 1 reading week in February...uh, why did I quit again?

Now I work 6 days/week and can't take any holiday time...at least this year.

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

10. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    I work a 6 week rotational shift pattern consisting of 7am-5pm, 12pm-10pm, 9pm-7am, 7am-7pm, 7pm-7am shifts.

I work 2 weekends out of every 6, as I work 10hr and 12 hr shifts I also get additional rest days to make up for longer working hours, as well as my 30 days holiday a year and 8 for Bank holidays
    What do you do?